Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ProFTP restrictions

Thread: ProFTP restrictions

rbrugman

ProFTP restrictions

How do I restrict users to their home directories. Right now it goes to /home. Also, whenever I (first user created) to to ftp and to my folder, it gives me "Illegal Port Error" and won't allow me to ftp anything. Whats up?

JimH

Re:ProFTP restrictions

FAQ for ProFTP answer on restricting users to a particular tree.

http://proftpd.linux.co.uk/docs/faq/...-5.html#ss5.12

The "Illegal Port Error" might be caused by trying to use active mode transfers when only passive mode is supported.

Jim H

rbrugman

I think it may be because I am using a non-standard port. I need to use port 5000 because my ISP doen't let me host ftp on port 21.

Also, is there a config file do change the option where the inital directory goes, and what do I put for it to go to the users home directory. I looksed at that faq, but that was for virtual servers. I also need to know what to put.

Thanks,
    ~Robert~

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by rbrugman
    Also, is there a config file do change the option where the inital directory goes, and what do I put for it to go to the users home directory. I looksed at that faq, but that was for virtual servers. I also need to know what to put.

Thanks,
    ~Robert~
    AFAIK there is only one configuration file where all the setting go. /etc/proftpd.conf. The example was for virtual servers, but the DefaultRoot setting can go in the global options. Are you setting up an anonymous ftp server or are you setting it up only for specific users. DefaultRoot cannont be used in an anonymous directive.

The ProFTP docs show where the options are allowed to be placed.

http://proftpd.linux.co.uk/docs/

Jim H