Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

CD Burning in Linux
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CD Burning in Linux

CD Burning in Linux

I have an IDE creative CD burner which i want to use in linux.

I have installed the latest version of cdrecord but am unsure of what to do next.
    I was wondering of i should use a fronend, and if so what is a good one for KDE 2.1.1?
    I have finally got my kernel recompiled with SCSI emulation so it should work

Any help would be appriciated

Alastair

(PS, i just found the RTFM and am looking thru it, so i am doing something towards working it out myself)
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Mojo

Re: CD Burning in Linux

As far as frontends go - the most common (IMHO) is XCDRoast. It does a pretty good job - just make sure you got everything set up properly - i had set up my burner before but i just cant be bothered burning CDs in linux (sorry im a diehard Nero user)

I would reccomend installing xcdroast as well, I've never used the CLI for cd burning, so I can't help you there. But I think XCDRoast should cure your problems, I hope!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Galik

Hi
    I too have problems. I have a CD Burner but when I try to run xcdroast
    it says that i have no scsi emulation. So I did a insmod ide-scsi
    and it said Using /lib/modules/2.4.8-26mdk/kernel/drivers/scsi/ide-scsi.o.gz
    insmod: a module named ide-scsi already exists

Then I looked in /dev and there are no entries undes /dev/scsi

What am I to do

I got it working, but im in windoze at the moment so i can't lay my hand on the resource i used.
    What distro are you using? there may be a few differences if you are using something other than mandrake

Galik

Ahhh forgot to mention the distro! I'm running Mandrake 8.1

JimH

Galik, if you haven't yet you might want ot look at the CD-Wriiting HOWTO.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

Jim H

this is the document i followed on a plain vanila mandrake 8.1 installation:

http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/har...mov3.html#cdrw

works fine for me

then cdrecord -scanbus will work (which is the same as what xcdroast is doing)

My preference for burning apps is CD Bake Oven for KDE
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/cdbakeoven/

Galik

Thnx 4 the posts. By luck (as disaster would have it) I managed to trash my
    boot sector (hehe silly me) with a hastily modified, ill-conceived and rash lilo.conf :'( Still I learned much (there's something different (dodgy?) about
    the way Linux perceives the order of ide channels on a Soyo K7V when the
    RAID ports are enabled - long story. Still back to topic I had to re-install a
    few times (with differing hd arrangements/BIOS settings) and now my CDRW w0rkz fine ;D

JimH

Never count out the blessings of helpful accidents when trying to get things to work sometimes.

Jim H