Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New Red Hat beta? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Red Hat beta?

Re:New Red Hat beta?

how bout in laymans terms....:P
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    how bout in laymans terms....:P
    Hmmm, I though that was laymans terms. Basically it is a way to check to see if a file is corrupted.

Jim H

Corrupted.... ty.....:P

i thought it was like a PGP sig on an email etc - not that i know how that works.......
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

I just finished updating my Skipjack install with all the lastest beta packages, 250mb worth. :P The new kernel seems to have fixed one of the bugs I filed. ;D

Interesting note in the Readme from Skipjack

* Red Hat Linux now includes a port of the Debian alternatives
    system, as a way to support multiple packages providing a
    particular service. Every binary/file that would be in common
    between the multiple packages is replaced with a symlink to /etc;
    this then resolves to the version of that file for the alternative
    in question. For example:
    /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta ->
    /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
    These symlinks are added and managed by /usr/sbin/alternatives.
    See man 8 alternatives for more details
    Currently, Red Hat Linux offers Sendmail and Postfix as two Mail
    Transport Agent (MTA) alternatives. For print daemon alternatives,
    the choices are LPRng and CUPS.
    The configurations for LPRng and CUPS are completely separate. If
    you switch from one printing system to another, you will have to
    reconfigure your printers.

Pretty cooool 8)

Jim H

kyiu

I've downloaded the SkipJack and installed in my dual Xeon box. It's fixed the gigabit nic bug for the smp kernel. The software RAID seems to run more stable then the last one. But "pump" is not install by default. I still can't get dhcp client to use "pump" stead of dhcpcd. Do you??

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by kyiu
    I've downloaded the SkipJack and installed in my dual Xeon box. It's fixed the gigabit nic bug for the smp kernel. The software RAID seems to run more stable then the last one. But "pump" is not install by default. I still can't get dhcp client to use "pump" stead of dhcpcd. Do you??
    I haven't tried using DHCP with either Skipjack beta1 or beta2. Glad to see they have fixed the bug in the e1000 module. ;D Are you seeing better performance then you did with 7.2?

Have you run up2date on your Skipjack install to make sure you have the lastest available updates?

Jim H

kyiu

There is a beta2?? I have to find out what beta version I've downloaded. What update?? Where do I get it?

Ken

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by kyiu
    There is a beta2?? I have to find out what beta version I've downloaded. What update?? Where do I get it?

Ken
    Yes there is a beta 2. Plus I just downloaded about 350+mb of updates to beta2 this morning.

This is beta 2

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
    Red Hat Linux release 7.2.93 (Skipjack)

Look under the system menu for "Update Agent"

Jim H