Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New Red Hat beta?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Red Hat beta?

JimH

New Red Hat beta?

Looks like a new Red Hat beta is near. ;D ;D

A new directory has appeared on the mirror sites under the beta directory. ;D

Jim H

JimH

Re:New Red Hat beta?

YEAH!!!! The beta of the next release of Red Hat Linux has arrived. I posted all the details here.

http://www.getlinuxonline.com/article.php3?story_id=350

I'm downloading the ISO's right now.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jim H

[me=alastair]thinks JimH has rh on the brain......[/me]
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    [me=alastair]thinks JimH has rh on the brain......[/me]
    LOL. Gives me something new to play with.
    I have the ISO's downloaded just have to burn them an install. ;D

Jim H

Quote Originally Posted by JimH

Jim H
    I waste enough time playing with a damn window manager......

Spot

Jim H

Hahahaha...enjoy the new AOLinux :P

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by Spot
    Hahahaha...enjoy the new AOLinux :P
    !slap Spot. :P That's cruel. :-\

Anyway I have Skipjack up and running. ;D I just did an upgrade from my 7.2 system. Upgrade was smooth. Found a couple bugs already. AbiWord doesn't run. Someone already filed a bug report on it. A couple of dependancies were not installed during the upgrade for the Red Hat User Manager. I need to file a bug report on it. KDE3 rc3 is included. I played with it some, but I have been using Gnome only lately. Looks pretty cool. Will have to play with it somemore.

Jim H

JimH

With some of the packages included in the Skipjack beta it appears Red Hat has done some backtracking and the next release is going to be 7.3 not 8.0.

Red Hat is now embedding md5sums in the ISO images. The installer now gives you an option to check your installation media before installing. That is cooool! 8)
    I just did an upgrade so I don't know if anything else in the installer has been changed.

I have filed 5 bug reports so far. All minor. I haven't played with KDE at all. Gnome is very stable so far, but then it is not the major upgrade KDE is.

Jim H

*Goes bug hunting again*

query:
    md5sums are secutiry thinggies??

Alastair

Spot

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    query:
    md5sums are secutiry thinggies??

Alastair
    To an extent, yes. Each and every file in existance has it's unique CRC value. These values are very difficult, even close to impossible to forge. Cyclic redundancy checking is a method of checking for errors in data that has been transmitted on a communications link. A sending device applies a 16- or 32-bit polynomial to a block of data that is to be transmitted and appends the resulting cyclic redundancy code (CRC) to the block. The md5sums record these values to a file and can then read them later and compare the files to their CRC. This ensures detection of 99.998% of all possible errors.