Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Slow Lately??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Lately??

jmbrinks

Slow Lately??

Has traffic been relatively slow since the site crashed the other day? ???

Everyone must be really busy at work. :P

Re:Slow Lately??

:'( People have no priorities around here!

Work vs GLO

pffft! GLO of course! :

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Bogler

I'm up to my eyes at the moment.

I would like to say that when using Netscape i often get a blank screen when trying to access GLO. It eventually displays the information but sits blank for a few seconds before displaying the information.

This can be annoying as hell.

What's causing this? I use a dialup from home and i never get the problem using M$ IE from work.

Bogler

Where on the front page? I get the same problem with the news section, the menus pop up and such but not the news. I would like to see less news items on the front page to reduce this. I'll talk to JimH about it. I think some of our users like all the different articles on the front page, but I agree, I think it really slows down the loading of the front page.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by Bogler
    I would like to say that when using Netscape i often get a blank screen when trying to access GLO. It eventually displays the information but sits blank for a few seconds before displaying the information.

This can be annoying as hell.

What's causing this? I use a dialup from home and i never get the problem using M$ IE from work.

Bogler
    Netscape 4.x will not display correctly. However it should still load. I would rather move forward and support the new standards then try and support non-standards compliant browsers. Last time I looked there were 250+ listed display bugs for 4.7x in regards to stylesheets. :P It would require alot of extra work having a different page that works around bugs or unsupported features in every possible browser. Sorry to the Netscape 4.x users. IE 6 does have a bug that also renders the news pages incorrectly. I have not managed to get around to seeing what would be required to work around it.

Jim H

GLO is always first priority for me
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    GLO is always first priority for me
    ;D heheh nothing like a brown nose! ;-)

Aragorn

Aaron_Adams

I must admit, Slashdot is my first priority.

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_Adams
    I must admit, Slashdot is my first priority.
    Traitor. I haven't visited Slashdot in a week or so. Will have to cruise over there and see if there is anything interesting.

Jim H

maverick

I've been busy with my site's design and working more and more on it and testing all my little enchancements and add-ons on on precious linux box before it goes live. I'm struggling for members too on my boards so I'm trying to get a few affilates so we can do a link exchange thing. Other than that I at least check the news here at GLO at least once if not twice a day.