Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not to far from 5k

Not to far from 5k

You know...we aren't all that far away from 5'000 posts....that'll be pretty cool...8)

Also....is it just me or is our member count soaring here these last couple of days....how nice! ;D

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Re:Not to far from 5k

Membership has spiked alot the last week. ;D

Just out of curiousity, if some of the new members would post how they came across the site.

Jim H

jmbrinks

Maybe you could assign member numbers as users join so we can see how quickly the site is growing in membership.

I don't even recall off hand how I found the site ???

nfallon

I was new and read a post by Aragorn that was a response to someones question. He was the only person on the board that didn't act like the new people should know what they were doing before asking questions. Checked out the site and have been here since.

I have learned more about Linux in the short period of time that I have been using it from the members on this site than I could have through books or other web sites.

Neil

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by nfallon
    I have learned more about Linux in the short period of time that I have been using it from the members on this site than I could have through books or other web sites.

Neil
    Thank you. We do try our best. ;D Plus we seem to be collecting alot of really cool members. ;D 8)

Jim H

Quote Originally Posted by nfallon
    I was new and read a post by Aragorn that was a response to someones question. He was the only person on the board that didn't act like the new people should know what they were doing before asking questions. Checked out the site and have been here since.

Neil
    I am very glad that you have joined us here at GLO...As you'll get to see the more your here...the more you'll notice I am VERY against just that.....I hate the people who give no answer but RTFM....Linux can't continue to grow if everyone tells the n00bs to RTFM :-\

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

I met Aragorn in MSN chat.........

[me=alastair]runs from the flames[/me]
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    I met Aragorn in MSN chat.........

[me=alastair]runs from the flames[/me]
    Yes...it is my only recourse at work, or was...now I can hang out in IRC all night too! ;-)

Aragorn

mountainman

I did a search on google for linux discussion boards. This one was at the bottom of the first page.

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman
    I did a search on google for linux discussion boards. This one was at the bottom of the first page.
    At the bottom? :P Guess we will have to try and get it to the top of the list. ;D :

Jim H