Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mounting fat 32 floppy

Thread: mounting fat 32 floppy

brendan

mounting fat 32 floppy

Just a quick, and most likely a rather simple question.

How does one mount a floppy that is formatted using the fat 32 file system. I ask this as it is my last obsticle to completly freeing myself from windows.

love the forum, and thanks to all.

nfallon

Re:mounting fat 32 floppy

Put the floppy in the drive.
    Go to the /mnt directory.
    Click on floppy.

Neil

Spot

How does one mount a floppy that is formatted using the fat 32 file system. I ask this as it is my last obsticle to completly freeing myself from windows.
    If you use KDE, you should have a floppy icon on your desktop. If you right-click on it, there should be a mount option. If not, at a terminal, you should simple be able to enter the comnad: mount /mnt/floppy and it should be able to auto-detect what file system is in use, at least in most modern distros. You can tell by taking a look at your fstab file:

[spot@halb spot]$ cat /etc/fstab | grep floppy
    /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

That's what mine looks like, and I can just insert a floppy and mount it. This is what shows when I use the -v (verbose) switch:

[spot@halb spot]$ mount -v /mnt/floppy
    mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for /dev/fd0
    I will try all types mentioned in /etc/filesystems or /proc/filesystems
    Trying vfat
    /dev/fd0 on /mnt/floppy type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,sync,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,codepage=850,user=spot)

HTH

iansl

I didn't even know you could format floppies to FAT32!