Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New PHP Bug

Thread: New PHP Bug

Semp

New PHP Bug

I just wanted to make the GetLinuxOnline users aware of this bug in PHP3 and PHP4. There is one known exploit making rounds in the anti.sec community at this point in time. You can find a little information at http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/012002.html

JimH

Re:New PHP Bug

Thanks. We will probably be seeing a flood of PHP updates from the major Linux distro's.

Jim H

Althought we don't have any multi-part forms here on GLO....I have advised our host and he should be updating today...Thanks for the update!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Semp

I got some more information on these bugs.

AFAIK the exploit takes advantage of a buggy memchr() call in versions 4.0.6 and below. This vulnerability is exploitable remotely, no "upload" or local access is needed. I heard that the patch put into CVS a few days ago was just for RFC compliance...

This information has been provided by H D Moore.

JimH

I updated my apache box with the update form Red Hat and it seems to have broken my access to Mysql. :'( I haven't looked at it yet to see what is going on.

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/phplib/php/db_mysql.inc on line 73
    Database error:

pconnect(localhost, jimh, $Password) failed.

MySQL Error: 0 ()
    Please contact the webmaster and report the exact error message.
    Session halted.

Everything worked before the update.

Jim H

JimH

Anyone else having the same mysql problem after upgrading PHP this is the workaround. Someone has already submitted the problem to Red Hat as a bug.

Edit this line in /etc/php.ini

mysql.default_socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Jim H