Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

QT Free Edition
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QT Free Edition

nfallon

QT Free Edition

I'm installing QT Free Edition to try it out. It's been doing the make since 9:00 PM last night. It's now 6:30 AM. Is this normal for some applications to spend 9 1/2 hours to get through make? It's not coming up with any errors and it's not frozen.

Neil

JimH

Re: QT Free Edition

Depends on how old and slow the computer you are trying to compile the software on. I've seen QT compiles takes 6+ hours on a 550mhz. 9 1/2 does seem a little long. What version are you trying to compile?

Jim H

nfallon

Depends on how old and slow the computer you are trying to compile the software on. I've seen QT compiles takes 6+ hours on a 550mhz. 9 1/2 does seem a little long. What version are you trying to compile?

Jim H

Hi Jim,

It is a 550 Mhz system. You must be a mind reader. It was version 3 their latest. I ended up stopping it after 11 hours.

Neil

*Makes a mental note not to install QT*
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

nfallon

Just finished installing QT Free Edition and have it working great. It took about 9 hours for it to complete the gmake. I also have it integrated with KDeveloper so now I can get to work creating the next great app.

I had to run configure as QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt ./configure to get everything working correctly.

Neil

JimH

Did you install QT 3.x?
    What's "the next great app" going to be?

Jim H

nfallon

Did you install QT 3.x?
    What's "the next great app" going to be?

Jim H

Hi Jim,

It is Qt 3.0.1

As far as the next great app, who knows at this point. There are so many needed in the Linux community.

Neil

JimH

As far as the next great app, who knows at this point. There are so many needed in the Linux community.
    Yep, but we won't expect more then one great app a week from you. :P :

Jim H

nfallon

Yep, but we won't expect more then one great app a week from you. :P :

Jim H

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JimH

I thought your idea for an app the ports MS SQL databases to PostgreSQL or MySql was a really good idea. I saw a post to one of the Red Hat mailing lists last week about moving from MS SQL to Linux.

Jim H