Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installed 8.2

Hybrid View

nfallon

Installed 8.2

I installed Mandrake 8.2 on a spare box yesterday. I don't see much difference between 8.1 and 8.2 Unless they plan to use KDE3 and Gnome2 as part of the distro it's not worth upgrading.

Neil

JimH

Re:Installed 8.2

They would actually probably be crazy to release it before KDE3 comes out at least. But from some of the things Mandrake has been doing lately it looks like they are really trying to increase their revenue stream.

Jim H

nfallon

Found a problem in 8.2. It does not display the correct path as set in the profile file.

Neil

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by nfallon
    Found a problem in 8.2. It does not display the correct path as set in the profile file.

Neil
    Maybe you should submit it to them. Make sure it is fixed in the final release.

Jim H

x0xCRIZx0x

So Mandrake 8.2 release not going to coincide with KDE 3.0? I guess it wouldn't be since KDE is planning their release in 2Q 2002.

Unless they make it as easy to upgrade KDE from control center, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Especially since the upgrade would also require updating qt. Hmm..if they can pull that off, I'm switching back from SuSE!

nfallon

Mandrake 8.2 Beta 3 is now out.

Neil

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by nfallon
    Mandrake 8.2 Beta 3 is now out.

Neil
    Was out last week. I posted it to the news on the 21st. Been adding alot of news. I need to work on getting next/previous added to the pages, so you don't always have to use the archive page. I just downloaded a beta for the next upgrade to the news program we are using. Haven't had a chance to play with it much yet. I don't know if they have added this feature or not yet. If not I will have to see about adding it.

Jim H

iansl

???
    Can you tell me the lowest package price on the net and where it can be found (mandrakestore.com is goofing up)

JimH

Try Cheapbytes. Note: they offer both official boxed sets and the download version they burn to cd's themselves.

http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart

Jim H

iansl

Thanx. I wonder if a friend of mine might download and burn (I have a 40x CDROM )