Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apache and php rpm probs

mountainman

apache and php rpm probs

Hey everyone. I installed apache and php yesterday from rpm and went in the httpd.conf file to start configureing everything. All the php stuff was uncommented, but mod_php wasnt enabled ( I am assuming this from the troubleshooting I have done on it, this is what it looks like). Does anyone know how to enable this when apache is installed by rpm?

Re:apache and php rpm probs

Un comment it...then at console type

service apache restart

and that should get it going and fresh in its configuration! ;-)

Aragorn

Edit: Hmmm I think I read your post wrong, did I?
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

mountainman

Thats the problem. It isnt commented out. But when I try to parse phpinfo() , nothing happens.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so

make sure that that line is in your apache configuration file...

if it was from source I'd tell you to make sure you included the apache directory in your configuration command...but since that is not the case I am a bit baffled...I would check your php.ini file to make sure it is pointing to the right apache directory and then restart apache...

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

mountainman

Yeah Im thinking I should have gone from source also, but no, I wanted to do things the EASY way. I have another thing or two to try, if it works, Ill let you know. If it doenst work, Ill let you know.

alloy

RedHat 7.1 with PHP & MySQL

Hi there Everyone ,
    I just installed RedHat 7.1 . I use the customize installation . The Apache doesn't start by itself . Problem is that I can't get the webserver to process my php files .
    I only see the code displayed back to me . I'm a newbie at linux . I type httpd -v & php -v and I see the version . But I don't know how to start the MySQL .
    Please can anyone tell me step-by-step how to do this stuff . The stuff I download and read from RedHat are different bcoz the directories are not the same .
    Thanks in advance

First, how did you install it, did you install by RPM as well or by source. Honestly I don't think the RPMS install it right, by what Mountainmans problem was. Are you saying that apache isn't running at all, it should now be installed as a service, if not you need to go ahead and start the service and ad it to your rc.init. I've never had a problem getting php to work with apache, so I am kinda in the dark here...but I also have always installed from source...so if you installed by RPM you might want to remove then reinstall by source just for S&G's...

Aragorn

JimH

Are you using the Red Hat rpm's for apache, php, and mysql? This is going to be the easiest way for you to get it up and running.

As root user to start mysql:

service mysqld start

Jim H

alloy

Hi there Fellas ,
    Thanks for replying ... I installed the linux using the menu or RPM . I tested the Apache .. it works but I have to start it from manually from the console . Then the PHP I installed also .. I check by typing php -v . It show the version.
    Can you guys point me to some step-by-step installation guide . I'm really a newbie , but I really want to do my PHP exercise on a linux box .
    How do I uninstall the stuff and install them using command line . I sound very window-flavor right
    Thanks again for taking time helping me ;D

Here is a step by step on how to install php on linux....it should work perfectly for you...

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.linux.php

This is what I followed! ;D

Aragorn