Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Debian with a new menu
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debian with a new menu

Debian with a new menu

Ok....now that I am a bit further into Libranet, this is my opinion of it...I still like it...but here is why....

1. All it is is Debian with a Libranet menu that has some nifty utilities

2. The menu has some nifty utilities

3. Cuz it is debian

4. I think they have one of the greatest installs I've seen

hehe....not much I can tell ya beyond that.....there are no striking differences between libranet 1.9.1 and potato....true libranet has a few newer packages but yet potato has a few newer packages than libra....oh well I like it...even though most of my bootup stuff now says it is Debian 3.0

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Re:Debian with a new menu

Is Woody considered to be stable enough for everyday use? I downloaded 2.2r5 ISO's the other day, but haven't had time to play with them.

Jim H

Oh yeah...woody is great....a lot of people are using it right now....

I haven't had any problems with the actual distro yet....all my problems have been from QT.....

actually that isn't entirely true...I did have to do a full reinstall cuz I was upgrading and removing crap and wasn't paying much attention and I fudged it up....but that was my fault, not woody!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Woody have XFree86 4.2.0?

Jim H

Quote Originally Posted by JimH
    Woody have XFree86 4.2.0?

Jim H
    I believe so....I haven't delved that much into the versions of X yet....

I have been dealing more with KDE at the moment... :-\

Aragorn

P.S. what is the command to check the version of X anyways?
    heheh nm found it..... xdpyinfo | grep vendor

R.P. Mcmurphy

I'm sittin' here with LibraNet 2.0, and I'm dyin' to install it. However, I've got a problem- I got a defective CD. The first CD in my set will boot, but I keep getting a kernel panic when it tries to initialize. Well, I got in touch with Tal at Libra, and they're sending me a replacement, so all is not lost. Libra has GREAT support. I had some basic problems with 1.9.0, and they held my hand through the whole install- you don't see much of that type of support anymore. Once I got it up and running,I really liked it; lotsa toys, apt-get, good support, what else could anyone want? 2.0 dammit, THAT'S what I want!!! Oh well, anything good is worth waiting for, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. Mcmurphy
    I'm sittin' here with LibraNet 2.0, and I'm dyin' to install it. However, I've got a problem- I got a defective CD. The first CD in my set will boot, but I keep getting a kernel panic when it tries to initialize. Well, I got in touch with Tal at Libra, and they're sending me a replacement, so all is not lost. Libra has GREAT support. I had some basic problems with 1.9.0, and they held my hand through the whole install- you don't see much of that type of support anymore. Once I got it up and running,I really liked it; lotsa toys, apt-get, good support, what else could anyone want? 2.0 dammit, THAT'S what I want!!! Oh well, anything good is worth waiting for, I guess.
    That is nice to know about their support....makes me much more willing to support them and promot them.....I am glad that distros are that way...it seems some are pretty much to the point where "We never got that email...." :-\

Aragorn

R.P. Mcmurphy

That is nice to know about their support....makes me much more willing to support them and promot them.....I am glad that distros are that way...it seems some are pretty much to the point where "We never got that email...." :-\

Aragorn
    Yeah, that kind of support is rare. I think one of the downfalls of the Debian-based distros was their lack of support. I mean, I can understand if it's a shoe-string operation, but a distro like Corel should have supported their customers- they would pointedly IGNORE a request, and it's not like they didn't have a large organization behind them.
    Another thing I'd like to pint out. I didn't send Libra a help request, I just registered my software, and mentioned in the comments section that I was having trouble- they contacted me in less than 2 hours- I'm impressed, they actually READ comments!

Wow that makes me even more impressed.......

hmmmm...wonder if they'd help me with my kde 3.0 install....LOL, j/k

Aragorn

R.P. Mcmurphy

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn
    Wow that makes me even more impressed.......

hmmmm...wonder if they'd help me with my kde 3.0 install....LOL, j/k

Aragorn
    Y' might as well ask. The worst they could do would be to tell you to go spoon a goose!