Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KDE 3.0

KDE 3.0

Well at this point and time I can't quite tell you how it looks yet....but I can tell you the compile for QT 3.0.1 took forever! But it was my first successful install of qt, so I am pretty friggin happy with that. Currently I am compiling openssl as it is a requirement for Konqueror if I want to access secure pages. I've still got a few things, but I am really looking forward to KDE 3.0

Anyways, my question is, any of you using 3.0? ;D

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Re:KDE 3.0

Ummm now I am ready to throw myself out the window cuz I downloaded the wrong version of QT, just for future reference folks....it needs 3.0.2 regardless of what it's website says....the configure asks for 3.0.2 :'(:'(:'(

Off to another 1.5 hour compile,
    Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

OK, I am REALLY frustrated now...I now have to compile for a 3rd time. I didn't enable thread support, which I must digress it told me to do, but I paid more attention to the error that it wasn't the right version.....soo.....:'(:'(:'(

Aragorn

JimH

Sounds like someone is having fun. :P : What are you trying to install KDE3 on?

Jim H

I still haven't successfully compiled 3.0.2, whenever you compile it with thread support it screws up......I am not quite sure why this is happening...I think it has something to do with the libc libraries, but I think I am up to date with those....As long as I don't include thread support it spins like a top, even the demo works, but KDE needs it to have thread support....don't know....I am really annoyed after like 8 friggin QT compiles...grrrr >

Aragorn

I have decided that QT is the devil....it is evil to its core.....not only is it a friggin long ass compile...but it won't work right....no matter what....QT is the devil

the devil I say, the devil

Aragorn

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn
    I have decided that QT is the devil....it is evil to its core.....not only is it a friggin long ass compile...but it won't work right....no matter what....QT is the devil

the devil I say, the devil

Aragorn
    I guess I will have to try and compile it now.

Jim H

Quote Originally Posted by JimH

I guess I will have to try and compile it now.

Jim H
    Go for it....I dare ya....I think just now as I was posting this I got it to work...it got past it's regular crash point....so we'll see....but I'll keep the answer a secret from ya until you either figure it out or give in!

Aragorn

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn
    Go for it....I dare ya....I think just now as I was posting this I got it to work...it got past it's regular crash point....so we'll see....but I'll keep the answer a secret from ya until you either figure it out or give in!

Aragorn
    LOL. I think I could figure out how myself. :

Jim H

So? :P

Aragorn