Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

KDE 2.2.2 RPM's for RH 7.2

Thread: KDE 2.2.2 RPM's for RH 7.2

JimH

KDE 2.2.2 RPM's for RH 7.2

Yea! KDE 2.2.2 has arrived! ;D

kdelibs-2.2.2 is built against a newer libxslt, I had to download libxml2-2.4.10-2 and libxslt-1.0.7-4 from rawhide to satisfy the dependency. I recompiled the source rpms for libxml2-2.4.10-2 and libxslt-1.0.7-4, I didn't install the binary rpm's from rawhide. The binary rpm's from rawhide should work, but I usually don't recommend using binary rpm's from rawhide.

Recompiling the source rpm's for libxml2-2.4.10-2 and libxslt-1.0.7-4 is very easy. The new rpm's are placed in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

rpm --rebuild libxml2-2.4.10-2.src.rpm
    Install the new libxml2 rpm's
    rpm --rebuild libxslt-1.0.7-4.src.rpm
    install the new libxslt rpm's

cd into the directory where you downloaded KDE 2.2.2 and:

rpm -Fvh *.rpm

and you are done.

Seem's to be working great so far. :-)

Jim H

johnqpublic

Re: KDE 2.2.2 RPM's for RH 7.2

Yea,I installed them on my SuSE boxen yesterday!

JimH

The KDE mirrors have been updated it should no longer be necessary to get libxml2 and libxslt from rawhide. They are on the KDE mirrors now.

Jim H

Bogler

I take it that kde 2.2.2 is more recent than the default kde that comes with RH 7.2.

The changes between 7.1 and 7.2 are major so i would be interested in seeing the latest release

Thanks

Bog

JimH

I take it that kde 2.2.2 is more recent than the default kde that comes with RH 7.2.

The changes between 7.1 and 7.2 are major so i would be interested in seeing the latest release

Thanks

Bog
    Red Hat has released an official update to KDE 2.2.2 for 7.2. You might want to take a look at the list of updates for 7.2, It is LONG!

Did you upgrade to 7.2?

Jim H

Bogler

Yeah, i managed to upgrade no probs but still running the 2.4.2-2 kernel.

Playing with the kde environment at the moment.

Regards

Bogler