Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KDE 2.2

JimH

Re: KDE 2.2

I just checked the KDE bug list, we aren't the only ones been reported by alot of people. Will keep an eye on it and see if it is patched.

Jim H

Have you guys tried manually installing the module for your sound driver?

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

It isn't the sound card driver that is causing the problem. aRts only handles some sounds in kde, from programs that use aRts specifically. Not all programs use aRts. This apparently is just a bug with the aRts sound server.

hmm....interesting....maybe they will have a bug patch shortly..

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

aRts works the problem I'm having is that after a period of non-use it suspends and doesn't restart again when it is needed. As long as you continuely use it there is no problem. There is a setting in Control Center to disable it from suspending,but disabling it doesn't cure the problem. I saw other bug reports of aRts not playing sounds properly also.

Jim H

johnqpublic

Read a few myself.On my 7.2 system it does not load the module.Noticed in one bug report aRTS would start working after several minutes which could be my prob.

JimH

I haven't had that problem. Did you see that on a SUSE specific site?

johnqpublic

I haven't had that problem. Did you see that on a SUSE specific site?
    Read bug report at kde site.Have not checked SuSE yet.

johnqpublic

Still have aRTS problem."Modprobe can't locate soundserver"is the error message I get.In KDE Control I can restart aRTS and get sound.So anyone running SuSE7.2 after upgrading to KDE2.2 with this prob let me know if you got a fix for this.I'll check SuSE website to see what I can find.

malexg

Yeah, I was having the same problem too; I just upgraded from KDE 2.1.2 to 2.2. I had to restart the ALSA sound driver. Other than that, things seem okay.
    If something comes up, I'll stop here to see if it's already been dispositioned.

I'm having problems with the sound server also.Modprobe can't locate the module or something similar but I can reactivate it in KDE Control Center.So,this is annoying to me.Hope some of you good people can help solve this problem.