Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What's up with Linuxconf.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Linuxconf.

johnqpublic

What's up with Linuxconf.

Here we go,have RH 7.1 I go to control panel->linuxconf but when I click on it it freezes up no linuxconf.Made sure rpm is installed and tried reinstalling.It still refuses to work.Can anyone help me on this?

JimH

Re: What's up with Linuxconf.

Hi,

Did you try running linuxconf in console mode and see if your problem is with the gnome-linuxconf GUI rpm? Did you install the gnome-linuxconf rpm? Does this happen under KDE, Gnome or both? I checked bugzilla and I don't see anything related to the problem you are describing.

Linuxconf has been officially depreciated by RedHat. I don't use it and haven't since RH 6.0. I will install it on my RH 7.1 system and see if locks up in anyway.

Jim H

johnqpublic

I only use KDE and that is where it locks up.Don,t use Gnome and didn't think to try it in a console.Freezes up the whole Control Panel,have to close and reopen to get working again.When I installed 7.1 I cheked the box to install linuxconf. RPM and dep.So I'm at a loss.

JohnQ, try switching terminals, do ctrl - alt - F2 and then run LinuxConf there....see what happens.....KDE is great, but it is unstable at times. Still beats the shiznit out of Windows! Always will!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

I'll give it a try.Cool word,shiznit.

heheh, I like it!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Dang Linuxconf still not working.Wonder if this is a prob only in the freebie download version which is what I have.I'll keep poking around and see what I come up with.Any ideas welcome.

JimH

I installed linuxconf on my RH 7.1 system, but I have been unable to reproduce the problem you are having. Are you using the RH 7.1 rpms or did you download linuxconf somewhere else? The rpms I have are:

$rpm -qa | grep linuxconf
    linuxconf-1.24r2-10
    linuxconf-devel-1.24r2-10
    gnome-linuxconf-0.64-1

Did you try checking the md5sum of the rpms you downloaded? Maybe they are corrupted. If you are looking for a GUI based configuration tool you might give Webmin a try instead. I've never used it, but I know quite a few people who like it.
    http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

Jim H

johnqpublic

Well, when I installed Redhat I made sure I chose linuxconf and linuxconf-dev RPM(had to install both,dep.issue)as it will not install either one by default.I have both RPM's on powertools CD and tried installing from there once before without luck.Is your distro a retail or download variety?

JimH

If you want the GUI for linuxconf you must install the gnome-linuxconf rpm. The linuxconf rpm only provides the console mode interface. The gnome based GUI for linuxconf runs under both Gnome and KDE.

Jim H