Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RedHat 7.2 maybe Monday! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RedHat 7.2 maybe Monday!

Re: RedHat 7.2 maybe Monday!

Dissapointed Jim? :P

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Well, apparently some CompUsa stores already have RedHat 7.2 on the shelves. ;D Several members of the RedHat mailing lists have already purchased it. I haven't checked the one in town yet, will have to check it out. ;D

Jim H

JimH

RedHat 7.2 has arrived! I just came back from the local CompUSA with a boxed set in hand. ;D ;D ;D ;D Have to go upgrade, I 'll post some details later. ;D ;D

Jim H

johnqpublic

Dissapointed Jim? :P

Aragorn
    Me thinks JimH is chomping at the bit. ;D

johnqpublic

RedHat 7.2 has arrived! I just came back from the local CompUSA with a boxed set in hand. ;D ;D ;D ;D Have to go upgrade, I 'll post some details later. ;D ;D

Jim H
    Lucky dog! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JimH

Alright here are some quickie details on RH 7.2

Kernel 2.4.7-10 This will be updated already on monday. kernel 2.4.9-6 is out for RH 7.1
    glibc 2.2.4
    KDE 2.2.1
    Gnome 1.4
    XFree86 4.1.0
    Samba 2.2.1a
    GCC 2.96-98 is the default compiler, but GCC 3.01 is also included
    Grub is now the default bootloader instead of lilo. Just gives me something new learn.

There are 2 boxed set versions standard and professional
    Standard $59.99 comes with a $20 mail-in upgrade rebate
    7 cds -- 2 install, 2 source, 1 doc, 1 staroffice 5.2, 1 Loki games demo cd

Not really a good cd selection. To get the applications cd you have to buy professional.
    I would like to see what comes on the 2 application cd's included with professional. Didn't look at the price for professional. Haven't looked to see what is on the Loki cd yet.

I've just upgraded my desktop, I haven't upgraded my firewall/router box yet. Will probably wait until next week. I want to see what security updates they release on Monday with the "official" announcement. They released alot of security updates for RH 7.1 last week.

Well, I least I don't have to spend Sunday and early Monday morning looking for an ftp site that isn't getting trashed to try and download it. ;D If you have any questions about what else it comes with let know.

Jim H

Hmmm Grub? From everything I am reading it is slowly taking over Lilo. Although in my experience it was harder to configure, I had to read and read and read, but that could have just been me!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.