Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

So Jim, where do I go?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Jim, where do I go?

Hybrid View

So Jim, where do I go?

I was going to download RedHat today, but it seems the entire world of Mirrors are congested! AUGH! Do you have a reliable mirror that you goto? Cuz, I got 100meg downloaded and then it cut off and it wouldn't start again, ticked me off!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Re: So Jim, where do I go?

Today? If I were you I would wait until Monday and download 7.2. ;D Some of the RedHat mirrors I usually use are:

carroll.cac.psu.edu
    HELIOS.DII.UTK.EDU
    ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu
    linux.nssl.noaa.gov
    ftp.free.fr

I used to use ftp.valinux.com as my primary mirror, but they dropped their redhat mirror. That sucked, they had fast site.

Jim H

I'll wait till monday then! Although with a modem I'll be really competing with the big boys on bandwidth! LOL

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Jim, I couldn't wait, I am to impatient.... :-/ :-[ :'(

Aragorn 8)

JimH

Jim, I couldn't wait, I am to impatient.... :-/ :-[ :'(

Aragorn 8)
    LOL, you aren't the only one getting impatient. The RedHat mailing lists the last couple of weeks have been filled with "When will RedHat 7.2 be out" questions. ;D

Jim H

Good ol' Korea has done well for me again. I am using their redhat mirror to download my updates and for a modem it is going quite fast!

Aragorn

JimH

You caught everyone other there while they are still waking up.

Jim H

johnqpublic

Heck,I still have a prob finding a good site to download from.I'm used to 200k+ on my cable modem(45min.for 650meg download)Will not settle for less.

Spot

lol, I've never been one to complain about the speed of free

No kiddin, but I'd still prefer JohnQ's speed! I'll trade ya JohnQ 4.8k for your 200k? K! Alright its a deal!

Aragorn