Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RedHat's Next Release (Post 7.2) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RedHat's Next Release (Post 7.2)

jmbrinks

Re: RedHat's Next Release (Post 7.2)

Hopefully the next release of KOffice with KPlato will be completed and ship as well.

JimH

I wasn't aware of the KPlato project. Thats what I get for not paying attention. It seems to be even a newer then MrProject.

Jim H

jmbrinks

I tried another PM Suite for Linux as well. It is from Advanced Management Solutions Inc, and is called AMS Realtime. Unfortunately, it is ~$500. www.amsrealtime.com

I hope KPlato turns out because it will provide a complete suite of integrated office products in my price range. ;D

In due time we shall all see.

JimH

I hope KPlato turns out because it will provide a complete suite of integrated office products in my price range. ;D

In due time we shall all see.
    In alot of people's price range.

Jim H

jmbrinks

How do you think the proposed AOL / RedHat combination will fare for this distro? If AOL buys RedHat what will the consequences be?

JimH

How do you think the proposed AOL / RedHat combination will fare for this distro? If AOL buys RedHat what will the consequences be?
    I think it would kill Red Hat as we know it today. Hard to say what the consequences would be. If the responses to the Red Hat mailing lists are any indication, it would cause a mass defection to other distributions. Just going to have to wait and see what happens, if anything does. Personally speaking I hope it doesn't happen.

Jim H

jmbrinks

I also hope that it doesn't happen. The last thing I want to do is install the next RedHat release and have AOL garbage and links all over the desktop.

Then again, maybe they will put more linux desktops in the hands of the home users and drive companies to start mass development.

If the case is scenario #1, I too, would look to another distro :-[

JimH

Re:RedHat's Next Release (Post 7.2)

Just glancing through the lastest rawhide packages, I see that Red Hat is going to provide Postfix as an alternative to Sendmail in the next release.

Jim H