Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Updating Redhat - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updating Redhat

Bogler

Re: Updating Redhat

Once i have updated 7.1 to the updatded state how do i then move to 7.2?, can this be done via update agent?

What does it involve when moving from one version of RedHat to another?

Thanks....

Aaron still investigating my Nvidia problem, when i try to install on 2.4.9-21 i get loads of errors, this is the source RPM, havent got as far as the monitor yet.

Bogler

JimH

Once i have updated 7.1 to the updatded state how do i then move to 7.2?, can this be done via update agent?
    No :'(

What does it involve when moving from one version of RedHat to another?
    Put the 7.2 cd in your cd-rom and select the upgrade option. After a few questions, It will do the rest. ;D

Jim H

Bogler

I suppose the next question is..where do i get a free 7.2 cd image from?

I take it i can download it from somewhere..

Is this really the only way to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2, can i not simply download all the rpms from 7.2 and rpm -Uvh or Fvh on them on my 7.1 system?

Regards

Bogler

JimH

Re: Updating Redhathttp://www.redhat.com/download/

I suppose the next question is..where do i get a free 7.2 cd image from?

I take it i can download it from somewhere..
    http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html

Is this really the only way to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2, can i not simply download all the rpms from 7.2 and rpm -Uvh or Fvh on them on my 7.1 system?
    Possible to do it yes, but no quarantee it will produce a working system.

Jim H

Bogler

I have the images for 7.2 on CD, is there anything i should be wary of before updating my 7.1 system? I realise that i will have to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia drivers for the new kernel (if i choose to use it), i will also have to add the scsi emulation line to lilo.conf for my CD RW.

Can you think of likely areas of concern if any?

Thanks

???Bogler

JimH

Read the release notes on CD 1 before you start.

Install FAQ for 7.2.
    http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/gotchas/7.2/

The installer should automatically detect your ide cd-rw and place the necessary boot parameters in grub.conf or lilo.conf for you. Depending on which bootloader you chose to use.

Jim H