Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am going to try it

johnqpublic

Re: I am going to try it

So you got your sound card to work?I tried and tried and mine would never work.Think you could list the commands you ran to get it up and running?

Of course! I can always do that!

insmod sound_core
    (if you don't know, insmod installs modules into the kernel)
    note: I am at work and can't remember if there was an underscore in that or not...pretty sure, if not try
    insmod soundcore

then

insmod emu10k1

then you have sound...you just have to edit your bootup script with those commands to get it to load your soundcard when you boot up!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Thanks,I shall give it a try.What the heck you doing working now.Stuck with graveyard?

Naaah, I work at a hotel....3pm to 11pm....almost over with, THANK GOD!!!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

We must be in the same timezone.

Right here in Seattle! Whether that is a good thing or not is yet to be determined...actually it has been determined, it sucks, but that is what I get for moving in with a woman....augh...

Aragorn

johnqpublic

Was 106 degrees today here in blistering Taft,Calif.That sucks.Seattle is a beautiful place although it rains all the time.

Yeah, but the people really blow up here....everyone from the east coast has invaded Seattle!

Aragorn

johnqpublic

Maybe I'll play with Slack a bit more.I like Libranet much better though.It is more newbie friendly than Slack.

I am about to install Progeny, finally got that downloaded!

hahah, here pretty soon, I'll have installed and tried every linux distro! hahah

Aragorn