Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Bloody soundcard eating me alive

Thread: Bloody soundcard eating me alive

johnqpublic

Bloody soundcard eating me alive

I ran the commands insmod soundcore and insmod emu10k1 but could you give info on editing the bootscript.I am not sure what to do about it.My soundcard is Soundblaster Live Platinum(well that's obvious hence emu10k1) :P :P :P :P :P

Re: Bloody soundcard eating me alive

Got your back JohnQ!

goto

/etc/rc.d/

edit

rc.local

and then add

insmod soundcore
    insmod emu10k1

viola you have sound!!! ;D

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Thanks for the help.Shall be reinstalling Slack.It was not broken so I fixed it.Real good.Everyone here would be proud. However,got the info I need to get sound at least.Thanks again.My thirst for Linux knowledge continues.

As does mine, and will for a long time, kinda used to being thirsty now! :P

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Get back tomorrow with the results.Well,after I reinstall Slack.

Sounds good, ick installing Slack doesn't though...they have a horrible install program as far as I am concerned, patoooieee! :P

Aragorn

johnqpublic

Well I got the bloody thing working Ok.Oh ya,I don't like Slackware's install either Aragorn.Thank you for the help getting my soundcard working.