Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Graphical Login

Thread: Graphical Login

johnqpublic

Graphical Login

This is not a problem really but anyone know how to get KDE login screen?logging in from the command line seems crude and old fashioned to me.

Re: Graphical Login

Hahaha, soon you'll be wanting to go back to that command line, but here goes....

edit the file
    /etc/rc.d/rc.local

add

kdm

to the file and it should loadup when you boot up!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Hmmm.Ah what the heck I just might leave it be, as in "before I fix it real good.Again"Thanks,I did copy the commands though.

johnqpublic

You were right Aragorn,no KDM for Slack.Just did not seem right and alot of Slack zealots wouldn't approve.I put my login back to its original spleander.

hahah....really the only reason any linux zealots in general wouldn't approve is because the X server is very fragile sometimes and when you experience a problem with it, it can be a real pain the butt if you have a graphical login....sometimes even switching to another virtual terminal won't work.....that is why the text login is always better, IMHO.

Aragorn!

If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.