Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

kernel compile - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kernel compile

Re: kernel compile

Yes, I'd be very interested to see your progress! If you get it to work your coming over to my house and showing me how! ;D

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Then he can come by my house and show me!

Naah, I'll just keep him locked up so whenever I have a problem I'll let his chain loose enough to fix the problem...heheh

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Hey JimH,been a couple days.Did you get Slackware yet?Wondering if you can compile a kernel and get it working.
    No, unfortunately not yet. Too busy, no time. :-[. Hopefully will be able too get a copy by the weekend. Also looks like I will be getting my high speed internet connection Aug 28 ;D

johnqpublic

Well,when you do,hope you get a new kernel to work so you can give me some info on how you did it

I need high speed...I finally got permission from the boss(aka the girlfriend), but now I am having to overcome the fear of paying 60bucks a month for internet when it is free now!

Aragorn

JimH

Ouch $60 bucks :'( I'm looking at $40 only.

Yeah, that is what I paid for cable modem, but since I am not right downtown I can't get cable, I have to go with DSL through verizon, and they kill me on their rates! :'(

JimH

Yep, they will charge whatever they can get away with. :'(. If they are the only only providing service to an area.

There is one other company, but they are even more expensive for less bandwidth, quite ridiculous if you ask me!!! GRRR!!! >

Aragorn