Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandrake 8.0

Hybrid View

Dirkon101

Mandrake 8.0

Well First of all I have to say that Mandrake 8.0 rocks. By far the best Linux distro out there. There is one problem I half to say and that is that Mandrake can do alot more with KDE to really show it off. But they are my thoughts.

Re: Mandrake 8.0

Mandrake is a pretty cool distro.....but I think they leave the KDE set up for you!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

jman_77

Mandrake: Hello Jman, would you like me to install KDE for you?
    Jman: Uh, sure. That sounds good.
    Mandrake: KDE setup complete.
    Jman: I love you, Mandrake.
    Mandrake: I know.

johnqpublic

Mandrake: Hello Jman, would you like me to install KDE for you?
    Jman: Uh, sure. That sounds good.
    Mandrake: KDE setup complete.
    Jman: I love you, Mandrake.
    Mandrake: I know.
    Drake never spoke to me that sweet.

I think Jman might have a little to intimate of a relationship with Mandrake, he hasn't realized that disk drives are for disks yet? heheh

Aragorn

If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Hmmm,wonder where jman is.Has not posted much these last few days.Hmmm.

JMan has gotten rather busy lately, I hope he comes back rather soon, I'm killing myself doing all the maintanence on this thing and trying to write this webmail program and adding new features, and well you get the idea.....btw! GO GIVE SOME FEEDBACK ON THE WEBMAIL THING! I NEED INPUT!

Aragorn

;D

jman_77

I'm sorry... I'm not really at a new job. I've been on a long, romantic fling in the bahamas with my mandrake box. I've only now returned due to some.. erm... difficulties with the relationship.

I'm a human, she's a computer, I have a penis, she has a floppy drive. It just wasn't meant to be... :'(

heathp

This site is great. Keep up the good work. I'm a newbie to Linux and I've been contemplating which distribution to go with. You guys have just helped me to go with Mandrake instead of Red Hat. I'll just read along until I succesfully install Mandrake.;D

heathp, I LOVE YOUR QUOTE! Mandrake will be very good for you as a beginner, it'll make the transition VERY smooth for you. I am glad we can help, any other questions you just ask away!