Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Drake betas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drake betas

johnqpublic

Drake betas

So, I have the ISO's ready to burn on the latest betas.Has anyone tinkered with Mandrake's latest offering?Worth installing or too buggy?

jman_77

Re: Drake betas

Well, it's a beta, so who knows? Expect it to be buggy, but hey, it's mandrake. It'll still show you love ;D

johnqpublic

It will show me love or make a fool out of me.

I am a bit irritated at Mandrake for the moment...I can't seem to burn a CD to save my life. I get DSL in 3 weeks, so I have to decide on a distro to stick with, I am looking VERY seriously back at Debian. I'll just have to wait till Progeny gets a few more versions out there before I go back to it.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

I downloaded ISO's last night and burned & installed 8.1 Beta 3 this morning.Has 2.4.8 kernel KDE 2.2.1 (pre) are what I noticed first.Has latest Gnome offering but I did not install it as I don't care for Gnome.Things running smooth so far,no bugs or gremlins as of yet.

JimH

I am a bit irritated at Mandrake for the moment...I can't seem to burn a CD to save my life. I get DSL in 3 weeks, so I have to decide on a distro to stick with, I am looking VERY seriously back at Debian. I'll just have to wait till Progeny gets a few more versions out there before I go back to it.

Aragorn
    What are you running now?

I am having to burn my CD's through windows still... Unfortunately I am still primarily using windows because no internet access through Linux, but 9/21/01 will change that!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Unfortunately I am still primarily using windows because no internet access through Linux
    No internet access through Linux? What kind of problem are you having setting it up in Linux?

Jim H

Well since I am still waiting on DSL, with my modem it bugs out on me. I connect fine and how I am supposed to, even at the right speed. Yet when I start accessing any website I download for about 2 secs then it stalls for about 10, then 2 then 10 then 2 then 10(ok breathe, now jumping jacks ;D ). It is a hardware problem, and since the modem that works good is a WinblowsModem, I can't get it to work in Linux. Speaking of modems, here in the last week I have been downloading consistently at 15k a sec on my modem, and it has been good downloads. Now I thought this was impossible, and I just thought that it was reading wrong in Windows, but I downloaded a 25meg proggy in a only a few minutes and it worked. So something funky is going on here. I know it sounds like smoke up your guys's nether regions, but I am as confused and amazed as you.

Aragorn

JimH

Well since I am still waiting on DSL, with my modem it bugs out on me. I connect fine and how I am supposed to, even at the right speed. Yet when I start accessing any website I download for about 2 secs then it stalls for about 10, then 2 then 10 then 2 then 10(ok breathe, now jumping jacks ;D ). It is a hardware problem,
    Yep, that sounds like a hardware problem with the modem.

15k a sec on my modem
    15k/sec? Your exceeding the speed limit for a dial-up modem, better be careful, might get a speeding ticket from the FCC. ;D

Jim H