Thread: Mandrake 8.1 next week?

JimH

Mandrake 8.1 next week?

According to this "commerical" Mandrake 8.1 will be out next week.

Thursday, 20 September 2001

Welcome to the Mandrake Linux Community Newsletter -- dedicated to keeping you up-to-date with the latest Mandrake-related news & info.

FLASH: Mandrake Linux 8.1 PRE-ORDERS AVAILABLE!

The final version of the upcoming Mandrake Linux 8.1 will become available early next week; then the boxed versions of Mandrake Linux 8.1 will hit the retail stores in several weeks. But would you like to shorten the delay?

As a valued member of the Mandrake Linux community, we've put together four special offers that allow you to quickly receive Mandrake Linux 8.1 with the shortest delay. The newest version of MandrakeSoft's operating system provides even more user-friendly tools as well as the most up-to-date software.

Now, when pre-ordering a Mandrake Linux 8.1 pack, you will receive FOR FREE a 2 CD Set featuring the new operating system as well as the most common applications. The 2 CD Set will begin shipping at the end of September (following the availability of the Download Edition) so that you can begin using Mandrake 8.1 as soon as possible. Then, near the end of October, you will receive the complete packaged product -- ProSuite or PowerPack -- which includes thousands of the best Open Source Software as well as technical support and User Guides.

There's no need to wait several weeks to enjoy the freshest Mandrake Linux products! Pre-order your Mandrake Linux pack right now and be among the first to receive the core version of the product as well as the full packaged version later!

Four special offers are available now at MandrakeStore.

1- Download Edition 2 CD Set Special Offer:

Receive the 2 Installation CDs of Mandrake Linux 8.1, featuring ourpopular and friendly operating system and over one thousand Open Source applications.

2- DVD-Only ProSuite Special Offer:

Receive the 2 CD Set early FOR FREE... and the full retail product by the end of October (the DVD includes all the software available in the first 7 CDs of ProSuite 8.1).

3- PowerPack 8.1 Special Offer:

Receive the 2 CD Set early FOR FREE... and the full retail product (7 CDs + two users guides + support) by the end of October.

4- ProSuite 8.1 Special Offer:

Receive the 2 CD Set early FOR FREE... and the full retail product by the end of October. The 8.1 ProSuite features 9 CDs including 2 special server CDs, 1 DVD, and 2 extended manuals. Also included is a subscription to 2 Updates CD to be received during product life containing security and bug fixes packages.

For additional information, and to place your order, please visit MandrakeStore.

x0xCRIZx0x

Re: Mandrake 8.1 next week?

Yay ..when i saw this on the mandrake site, i was ecstatic. Is it just me, or did beta testing go by really quick? Well, I'm looking forward to it..especially the upgrade for KDE. I've had diffulty trying to upgrade it..and finally decided to just stick it out until the next Mandrake release. Besides, it's awesome the way it is now!

jman_77

As the webmaster for this site and a mandrake user myself, I'd like to declare an official day of rejoicing and dancing in the street on the day of release.

Of course, this dancing shall be limited only to the time that the iso files are downloading, for once this is completed, we shall rush inside to upgrade our systems and bask in the glory that is Mandrake.

Amen.

johnqpublic

Still like SuSE better ;D

But Drake is darn good too!