Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Compling a Kernel
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compling a Kernel

BaerRS

Compling a Kernel

hello... I Have never compiled ( sucssesfuly ) a kernal.. and thought I would give it a try. I noticied, when doing the

Make zImage ( i will be useing bzImage... i just read their dropping support, at a latter day for zImage...)

the fallowing lines.....

Make[3] warrning Clock Skew detected Your build may be imcompleate.

does anybody know what could cause this.. or how I could check to see if I am getting a complieat build ??

Re: Compling a Kernel

what are you using to make config? are you using make xconfig, make menuconfig, or make config.....I recommend going into your windows manager and loading up a terminal and doing a make xconfig.....read through each help on the modules and such...then do a make bzImage, or a make Install....it'll be the easiest way to go....it is probably a incompatibility with make zImage

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Hi,

That is a Make error it comes up when make has detected a file whose timestamp is more recent than the current system time. Is your system time correct? Also, it might indicate a problem with the RTC on your motherboard. Or maybe just a problem with your current kernel and your motherboard. This is a very rare error message. Might also check the sytem time in the bios and see if it is correct.

Jim H

/\
    ||
    ||
    ||
    I like this guy! He a smartie pants! I need one of those around my house! :P

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

LOL

I have managed to pickup a few interesting pieces of information since I started using Linux. ;D

Longtime (since 5.0 anyway) Redhat Linux user.

Jim H

That was my first distro as well actually....hmm I can't remember what kernel version that was....All I remember is that it worked great on my 400mhz processor and for some reason it boots faster than my 933mhz, guess the kernel has a lot more to load up anymore!

Aragorn

JimH

I don't remember either. I think it was kernel 2.0.3x something. Been alot of changes since then.

Jim H

BaerRS

I have used both Xconfig& xoldconfig... I loaded the config file that came with the distro.. (mainly becasue I wanted it to work.. with out me selecting anything wrong... I did go threw and make sure everything had been selected. ).. Before I started the xconfig. I did a mrproper ( I read this is better than make clean...)

as far as the time thing goes... I know thie box has a huge problme.. I dont know how to fix it. I have ntp running on 4 boxes, and it works great.. on this box.. it will run untill it goes in to some type of susspend mode.. when it wakes... the clock can be off 6-10hr.. or 1-3 days... either way its beond the 10000 sec's the ntp will correct.. and it dies..

It sounds as if it is a CMos battery problem...or something not allowing your cmos to stay powered so that it can count time...hmmm...strange...

Aragorn

JimH

Hi,

If the box doesn't keep the correct time after you set it then the RTC, realtime clock, on the motherboard has probably failed. The battery has no effect on the clock when the computer is running. A hardware diagnostic program like AmiDiag would tell you if it had failed.

Jim H