Thread: Sound Blaster Live LS 5.1

Sound Blaster Live LS 5.1

The Sound Blaster Live LS 5.1
    I purchased this card about a month ago.
    I wasn't really sure if this card would even work with linux .
    Well it is a funny thing because this card eventhought it is designed for windows xp work perfectly on linux i didn't have to do a thing the only problems i had were with kde and my mic for some reason my mic doesn't work on kde but if i am using gnome every part of this card works great.
    Now the funny thing is i installed windows xp pro on a a second hard drive to test this card out and match the features something that i do allot because when a piece of hardware is built for a specific OS well you never know what your going to get. Well to make a long storie short if you use windows xp don't buy this card it doesn't work right on windows lol atleast not on my windows xp pro.
    If your using linux i highly recommend this card it is a great buy i paid $29.00 dollars at walmart.

Oh and these pics were scanned in with my EPSON Cx3200 all in one.
    This 3 in 1 printer works great allso in linux is prints scans and copyes
    On linux it just works no setup required.
    Now on windows xp it took me 2hours to get it to work!
    The ink cost $15.00 for 3 black and 2 color i paid $80.00 for this printer i bought it from epson them selfs.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/c...s&oid=24875245
    Wenn Sie Spaß meines Englisch mich Willensfuckingtötung Sie bilden.

Fuck yeah, EMU10k1 4 life!!!

Thanks for the review CT, I have been wanting to replace my limping SB Live Value for some time, I guess I know which card to do it with now. And the Epson, was it really that easy to get working? I have always been hesitant with those combo jobbies, thinking that they probably won't work at all under Linux. I will have to get me one if it works that nice. Definitely going to pick up one of those sound cards tho.
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Ya jro the scanner was that easy it just works it uses the cups and gimp-print drivers and the scanner uses sanes drivers as longs as usb printer and scanner support is enabled in the kernel usaly default in all linux distro at least with slackware they are enabled and suse a vidalinux ect it will just work and if you notice by that screen shot of the box above the quality is really good to
    you can find ink on ebay this printer is discontinued but epson sells this model on there web site as a refurbashed model with the same warranty this printer has bin really great a little loud but works good hell i can scan my butt from 4inches from the scanning bed it was recomended from linuxprint.org
    Wenn Sie Spaß meines Englisch mich Willensfuckingtötung Sie bilden.

Mentor
    I have the only scanner with NO support for Linux!
    I out-sourced all my scanning.

Re: Sound Blaster Live LS 5.1

ive been through alot of soundcards and ive found anything from sound blaster live 5.1 up works excellent on linux, hell i get more bass out of my system with linux than with windows, despite the fact i have to change a setting every time i boot into kde for the sound to work, my only complaint is that for the audigy line there is really no support for eax i wish creative could get a utility suite like that for windows for linux, but overall alsa works great, and another good deal besides the sound blaster is theres an inexpensive audigy 1 at some stores i noticed, i use both an audigy and audigy 2zs plaitnum for my computers and the only troubles i have noticed from time to time was with the firewire port, and they produce great sound as well

Nothing: You can go into the KControl Center Under the sound mixer module, and tell it to save current values.

Re: Sound Blaster Live LS 5.1

Do you know what driver its using (& where to find it?) because I'm using an audigyls driver configured by alsa but nothin on MEPIS 2004.03. Lot's of problems with this souncard on MEPIS forums!

Thanks!

trivas7 :cry:

It should be using the EMU100k or whatever that is right??

Quote Originally Posted by mcangeli
    It should be using the EMU100k or whatever that is right??
    according to http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ind...r-Creative_Lab SB LS should be using the audigyls driver, which alsaconf found for me, but no go on MEPIS 2004.3. Some else suggested emu10k1x. And someone here apparently had success with emu10k1! So I'm still looking around for the answer!