Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

That about does it!

Thread: That about does it!

That about does it!

Ok, I wake up this morning to find out we have been attacked by Terrorists in two HUGE government complexes! You know, I don't like how this country is ran in a lot of ways, but I do appreciate the freedom and the things this country is supposed to be standing for. I have been getting in shape for the last week in the plans of joining the Air Force in a few months after I can run and survive basic training, but I think I am going to expedite my joining, there isn't much one person such as I can do, but I feel that I should join to do any part I can. My family won't be of much support, but I don't really give a rats arse, I feel that I owe some form of patriotic duty, and with this whole mess, I truly feel like these bastards should rot in hell. Do you know how many INNOCENT people died in this, it is going to be huge! They didn't even attack a military compound(bar the pentagon, but it is still full of innocent non military), they had to be a coward about it and kill innocent people to get some point across, that is full of shit anyways. I say if it is the Palestines, Arabs, Iraqis, or whoever the hell it ends up being ought to be blown to all hell and back to be blown away again!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

x0xCRIZx0x

I agree..

Hi. Well, it's too bad my first post will be about this. I live in NYC and the thought of the World Trade Center towers collapsing is, to say the least, shocking. I was witness to it when the second tower collapsed. Hopefully, there will be some reprimand for those responsible for this.

On a lighter note...Aragorn, I saw your post from a different forum (forgot which one) and like what you have done with this site. I'm a total newbie (just installed Mandrake two weeks ago) and let me tell you, there are some hostile people in the Linux community that are elitist. Good job on the site! Expect to get a lot questions from me

bdl

Re: That about does it!

Like everyone else, I'm very stunned and saddened by todays' events. I think
    the worse was news footage I saw of people (PLO) rejoicing and saying (paraphrasing)
    "there should be more attacks like this". I don't think if I live to be 100 years old I
    will ever understand the mentality to do this; unfortunately, the 'people' involved
    will never change and retaliation will only enliven their cause. I am not naive enough
    to think that the US Govt has had a soft touch around the world and it's very
    probable that innocents in other countries have been victims at our hands, but
    to justify actions such as this is beyond comprehension.

My personal opinion, which is one I've held for several years, is to contact each
    and every US citizen abroad (at least in non-ally countries) to come home. We
    roll up the gates, borders, airports and any other access into this country and
    spend a few years looking inward rather than trying to solve the world's problems.
    Then, of course, once we're sure the safety of all US citizens are secure, we send
    several tactical bombers loaded with nukes to the middle east.....

x0xCRIZx0x

Hmm..

Hmm..interesting thought. But doing that would just mean that the terrorists gets want they want, no? I mean, the US can't just be closed out to the world. That would be admitting that we are scared to be out there. The point should be that any American (or anyone in the world for that matter) should never be afraid of the place they are in, regardless it be in American soil or a foreign country.

btw bdl, like your quotes. Here's one for ya:

Viccini: He didn't fall?! Inconceivable!
    Indigo: How come you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

I feel that we need to find who did this and deliver a message. I am sure that innocents of other countries have died by our hands, but not by the same actions. If innocents have died it has been due to us defending our establishments in other countries or factions, or something of that sort. Innocents are a bystander of military action, but not a target. These people should die and so should the country that harbors them.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

bdl

Re: Hmm..

Hmm..interesting thought. But doing that would just mean that the terrorists gets want they want, no? I mean, the US can't just be closed out to the world. That would be admitting that we are scared to be out there. The point should be that any American (or anyone in the world for that matter) should never be afraid of the place they are in, regardless it be in American soil or a foreign country.
    I agree with you, but it's my opinion that we should really stop spending so many
    resources on helping other countries that basically could give a rat's ass about the
    US. I don't think any American is truly afraid, at least I'm not; the only feelings
    I have are of shock and anger rolled into one hell of a strong emotion. My idea simply
    means to tell the US citizens around the world "watch yourself, because from now on
    we don't take prisoners...".

Sekihmet

I can tell this is a Linux community discussion because:

Its the only forum I've read so far that hasn't been filled with US patriotism, and the urge to kill and eradicate the people that caused this tragedy.

I don't live in the US, but I've been watching the news for over 10 hours today, and grieving for everyone that has been affected by this. I've also gotten overly frustrated with the people on forums arguing about how they should kill the terrorists, or if they should or shouldn't.

If anyone I think the Linux community would understand (and hopefully do) that the solution do an evil is not creating a larger evil. Its a formation of the masses with a similar view to work together for a similar cause in a non distructive manner.

I'd make the obvious comparison, but I don't think there is a need.

My condolences (sp?) go out to everyone on this forum that have been affected in anyway by this, and I hope the news you have heard is better then the others of many.

johnqpublic

We have known for years who these animals are,the nations that support them and where their training camps are.It is time for retribution!Syria,Libya,Iraq,The Sudan,Afghanistan and (my special favorite) Iran (I've had it in for Iran since 1980)are terrorist states some of whom responsible for murdering Americans dating back to the 1970's.Attacking those who perpatrated this latest act of murder will not stop terrorism.We must go after every terrorist group and eradicate this vermin and those who support them,period!I mean kill the Bastards!None of this arrest and trial crap as they are not worth the tax dollars.Folks,better be prepared cuz more terrorist butchery will follow.I knew this was coming.This should not have happened and could have been prevented years ago.Oh,ya did you see the Palistinians dancing in the streets when they heard about this?Bet it burned your ass.Isreal has lived with this since 1948 and when Isreali troops or civilians are killed that seems to be ok with many Americans.What about it now ha?Now we are in the same boat.Question is,will we allow our enemies to sink it.

Sekihmet

Look up U.S. terrorism sometime, you may be surprised at the "kind" and "peaceful" things they do to other countries to enforce their views.

Or look up the CIA hiring Osama Bin Laden to do some dirty work, and it back firing.

Theres lots of stuff that the U.S. does that doesn't justify what happened by anyway, but does seem to be a source of instigation in my opinion.

seamonkey

lets go blow some shit up! woo!

::straps dynamite to chest::