Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browser Issues

jman_77

Browser Issues

Hey guys, just asking around. How does this site look for everyone? I'm hearing some people are having trouble viewing this in Opera, but I think IE and Netscape (higher than 5.0) should be okay. Let me know what kind of mileage you're getting.

mdwatts

Re: Browser Issues

No problem with IE 5.5 as everything displays fine. I will try with Netscape (Linux) at the office tomorrow. Only time I use Netscape is on a Linux system.

jman_77

I'm not sure what the current version of netscape is for Linux, but if it's still 4.x it may look a little different. The site uses CSS1 as specified by the W3C, but I have no clue which browsers exactly are living up to those standards. Thanks for the input

WireChief

looks fine with IE 5.5 but my linux Netscape everything is very small like at 1024x768 but think thats something in my linux setup.

Yeah, you have to install the true type fonts package for everything to be spiffy!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Hi,

Anyone else having problems with Netscape 4.77 viewing the OM's? Sometimes I have to hit refresh to get them too load and the RPM OM won't load at all. Mozilla 9.2 works great, no problems with it.

I'll look into that...I am not sure what is going on there...that is strange......hmm....thanks for the feedback...

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Hi,

Ok, you have the OM problem fixed. Found another problem. In netscape clicking on the "Check out the linux news" link at the top of the frontpage takes you to http://www.getlinuxonline.com/news/Linux.htm, which is a blank page showing nothing except for broken links.

JimH

Found something else strange, the "Check out the Linux news" link doesnt even show up in Mozilla 0.9.2. Also the rollover that changes as you point to the menu items is in the top left corner of the page sitting on top of the GetLinuxOnline.com penguin. This could just be a page rendering bug in Mozilla.

Yeah, Mozilla doesnt' completely support CSS yet....we are trying to work out a solution.....as far as the check out the linux news....I ran a spider on the site and we don't have any dead links....I can't even find the link your talking about....could you be a bit more specific as to where your at.....? I really appreciate the help!

Aragorn