Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Recent Posts Listing

Thread: Recent Posts Listing

bdl

Recent Posts Listing

About the only thing I'd like to see is a listing of the most recent posts;
    I suppose due to other MBs I've been a part of over the years, I'm
    used to seeing a nice list of let's say, the last topic in each forum
    group, or a listing of the last 10 or 20 posts. There is, I
    noticed on the frontpage a link to the last 10 posts, but it really
    doesn't do it for me; I'd rather see a list of the last posts, within
    the context of their own group rather than a page that just shows
    the posts themselves. Not complaining, just a suggestion. ;-)

Sekihmet

Re: Recent Posts Listing

I agree. When I go to see the recent posts, I feel something is missing.

jman_77

Well, there is a link at the bottom that shows the most recent post... *shrug*

Recent Posts
    View the 10 most recent posts on the board. "Recent Posts Listing" is the most recently updated topic (September 14th, 2001, 1:21am)

bdl

Well, there is a link at the bottom that shows the most recent post... *shrug*

Recent Posts
    View the 10 most recent posts on the board. "Recent Posts Listing" is the most recently updated topic (September 14th, 2001, 1:21am)
    Yes, and I mentioned this in my post. What I'm talking about is when you come to
    the frontpage, there is a blurb on each forum group line that tells what the latest
    post is, so you don't have to look in each and every group to see if there's been
    a new post, or a reply to one you've already made. When you click on the 'Recent
    Posts' as you suggest, it just brings up a page with the most recent posts, completely
    out of context with regards to their parent posts and their group. I don't even know
    if this is possible with YaBB, I just miss it...

jman_77

ahhhhh.. I see what you're saying... well, at the moment this is what we've got... I'll take a peek at YABB and see how customizable it is and how hard it would be to add that.

bdl

ahhhhh.. I see what you're saying... well, at the moment this is what we've got... I'll take a peek at YABB and see how customizable it is and how hard it would be to add that.
    Thanks for your reply; again, I don't even know if this is possible. I have
    tinkered with PHP/Nuke in the past on my own system just to get a feel
    for it, so obviously I know that if the structure doesnt allow for it, there's
    not much you can do about it. Just for the record, I do appreciate all
    the effort to run and maintain this website, I think this one little thing
    is the only request I can make about the mb, otherwise it's very clean
    and has as many features as one would want.

[edit]
    I've just realized that on the front page, you can at least see the dates
    of the last post or last update, so this in itself is somewhat helpful...
    [/edit]

I'll have to goto BoardMod, it isn't within the system itself, and if I knew perl I'd try to decipher the code, but BoardMod has a lot of modifications for YABB, so hopefully they will have something to the effect of this!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.