Thread: Something more aggressive

Something more aggressive

Ok guys,

We need a plan here...we haven't picked up a new member in ages and that just won't work....we need something more aggressive, need to get our name out there more. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do or where to go?

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Spot

Re: Something more aggressive

Other than just posts on usenet adverting the site, the more knowledgable members would do well to add a site link in their sig file and start answering questions in the newsgroups. That way it wouldn't be seen as spamming (posted questions would be answered) and the site would at least see more traffic.
    Also, instead of a link to the main page, a link to the discussion list page might prove more worthwhile....something to the effect of...
    "More help available at: http://www.getlinuxonline.com/cgi-bi...ssion/YaBB.cgi " or somesuch.

Can't say it's a solution, but sure couldn't hurt.

Re: Something more aggressive

You kinda had in mind what I was thinking of. I was actually thinking about organizing a group of some sort to do just that. I agree I think the newsgroups could lead to a lot of new members. I'll start getting together something to start it rolling. Thanks for the info spot!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.