Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New stuff! :)

New stuff! :)

Well we have added a bit more to the site...we now have a chat area for you guys to get instant help. It is under the get help section. It is a pretty nice chat program, so you'll have to come check it out!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Re: New stuff! :)

Yes,I see there has been a little tweaking here and there.Like the new colors,is pretty cool.I think I take a look see at chat area.

JimH

I agree the new colors are cool, but sometimes the black text on the dark blue background is difficult to read. Other then that it looks great.

Phew...these colors took me forever....if you have a suggestion to replace the black I am all ears! I am so non color oriented, I am lucky this turned out half way decent! Yes, there has been some tweaking, and there will continue to be for quite some time.....I am trying to get this site as nice and full of content as I can! I am hanging out in the chat room all the time now that I have it up, so come and join me! Just thought I'd let everyone who reads the boards know before I announce it on the site that I have a new news submission program that I programmed my self...it is currently in Beta, but it is what I have been using to post news for the last week or two...here is the url

http://www.getlinuxonline.com/NewsSubmit/submitnews.htm

Only glitch now is that when you are wanting to seperate lines like between the article and the GLO Translation you have to include two <BLANKLINE> entries, so it is like this

news
    <BLANKLINE>
    <BLANKLINE>
    GLO Translation: blah blah blah

And then it works...I am working on that...but I got other stuff too! So post some news people! hehe

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

I will have to think about a different color for the black. The submit news page is a great idea, will help keep the news on the site updated. Maybe put a list of the newly added news on the frontpage, just the article name which is a link back to the full description on the news page. What do you think?

We kinda have that now under featured article...how would you like me to rework that....I'd be more than willing to follow your recommendation!

Aragorn

JimH

Just expand what you have a little, keep the featured article as the big Linux story of the day and just add maybe a few more news listing under it as "other Linux news" or something like that.

I can do that...expect it to be into implementation by later this evening! Once again, thanks JimH! 8)

Aragorn

JimH

^
    &#124;&#124;
    &#124;&#124;
    &#124;&#124;
    How about this color to replace the black text. Seems to show up very good on the dark blue background.

jman_77

it'll look funny on the grey. Best solution is to lighten the blue to more of a faded, plae color for the text boxes. Da masta has spoken.