Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone use Konqueror for the forums? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use Konqueror for the forums?

x0xCRIZx0x

Re: Anyone use Konqueror for the forums?

Hi all. Well, I installed java2 last nite (before reading this thread actually) in Mozilla. Ok, so java applets are now working for Mozilla and Netscape. JimH, you were right about the javascript in Konqueror. Turning it off seemed to do the trick for the discussion page. But, java in Konqueror is still not functional. The java plugins were installed in my mozilla folders, so I linked the 'Path to java executable' to my javaplugin.so file in my mozilla plugins folder (it's not in my netscape folders). Is this the correct file to link to? In any case, I tested it out on some pages with java applets. I would just get "Loading Applet" in a gray box, nothing more. Any thoughts? Thanx guys

x0xCRIZx0x

Hi all. Well, I installed java2 last nite (before reading this thread actually) in Mozilla. Ok, so java applets are now working for Mozilla and Netscape. JimH, you were right about the javascript in Konqueror. Turning it off seemed to do the trick for the discussion page. But, java in Konqueror is still not functional. The java plugins were installed in my mozilla folders, so I linked the 'Path to java executable' to my javaplugin.so file in my mozilla plugins folder (it's not in my netscape folders). Is this the correct file to link to? In any case, I tested it out on some pages with java applets. I would just get "Loading Applet" in a gray box, nothing more. Any thoughts? Thanx guys

x0xCRIZx0x

sorry for the double post,browser error :-/

JimH

Might be another problem related to Mandrake 8.1. I have not setup Java on Mandrake 8.1 yet. Are you using the right plugin for Konqueror? Konqueror supports netscape 4.x plugins. Mozilla uses netscape 6.x plugins. Make sure you have Konqueror set to the right plugin.

Jim H

JimH

Criz, I booted my Mandrake 8.1 install to see if the Java plugin worked in Konqeuror. It doesn't. In order to get java to work I had to set the java path to:

/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/jre/bin/java

Java applets load slow, but it does work. I did the same thing for Konqueror in RH 7.1.94 and it works there also.

Jim H