Thread: Newsletter?

Hybrid View

Newsletter?

What do you guys think? Should GLO adapt a newsletter into it's being. I want to eventually take up one, but I would like to see a bit more activity so that I actually have something to add to it too. Right now I don't know what to add but recent news articles. Beyond that maybe some news about GLO and then what? Give me some ideas? I figure it'll be a monthly thing until we do get more traffic, but would you guys even be interested? Jim already gets like 3000 emails a day?

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Re: Newsletter?

Jim already gets like 3000 emails a day?
    LOL, more like 300-400 average. Twice that on a really busy day. Unless a mailing list gets really busy. :P

What do you guys think? Should GLO adapt a newsletter into it's being.
    Hmmm, will have to think about the idea.

Jim H

If you can get enough content, then yeah, a newsletter would be cool, with that latest findings of GLO members, out for the world to see ;D....

Even if it was only monthly I think it would be a great asset for this great group of linux enthusiasts.

Just my $0.02 worth

Alastair
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Well I am figuring news articles from the news section.......some kind of Linux quick hint of the month.....and maybe a featured OMP....but we'll have to pick up content to the site if I am going to be able to keep the thing full of actual information...Don't understand why nobody wants to submit blasted OMP's...is there something about the format of them that you don't like...you guys know that I am more than open to changing things....

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.