Thread: New News Page Online!

JimH

New News Page Online!

OK guys the new news page is online. It may be a little quirky for a few days until we get everything updated so bear with us.

http://www.getlinuxonline.com/phpslash/index.php3

Enjoy!

Jim H

Spot

Re: New News Page Online!

Looks sharp!

Just be warned people that the news that is on there is rather old right now with the exceptions of a few articles. We are adding in all of the news articles that GLO has featured since it began, which is quite the task, so bear with us!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

nfallon

It's nice to have a news section. It looks great. I don't think the name reflects the content of the news section. There are articles in there that are not Linux.

Neil

JimH

It's nice to have a news section. It looks great. I don't think the name reflects the content of the news section. There are articles in there that are not Linux.

Neil
    LOL, and I was hoping no one would notice I had not changed that yet. ;D I thought the Applle article was cool, so I posted it. 8)

Jim H

nfallon

Jim,

I like reading any interesting articles. I was just thinking maybe you should name it something like In The News or something different so that you can post articles that aren't just Linux specific. I don't want to see articles about other platforms discontinued. A lot of the articles are very informative.

Neil

JimH

I like reading any interesting articles. I was just thinking maybe you should name it something like In The News or something different so that you can post articles that aren't just Linux specific. I don't want to see articles about other platforms discontinued. A lot of the articles are very informative.

Neil
    I was going to change it from "Linux News", but right now the menu is static to each page and I have to update every page. I was going to change it when I updated to a dynamic menu, so I only have to change it once.

The news update makes it ALOT easier to add interesting news on any subject. If you see anything interesting please feel free to submit it. One of the reasons for the update was to get more people involved. Especially now that readers also can also post their comments to the news articles. ;D

Jim H

I was going to change it from "Linux News", but right now the menu is static to each page and I have to update every page. I was going to change it when I updated to a dynamic menu, so I only have to change it once.

The news update makes it ALOT easier to add interesting news on any subject. If you see anything interesting please feel free to submit it. One of the reasons for the update was to get more people involved. Especially now that readers also can also post their comments to the news articles. ;D

Jim H
    If I can figure out how to get the poll to work with the front page when parsed as PHP then making the menu dynamic will be very easy, but hold your horses on that one! 8)

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Aaron_Adams

I like it, just so you get another opinion. I must say though... with slashdot.org, lwn.net, linuxsecurity.org, securityfocus.com, and others. I don't find myself using this site for news very often. Perhaps I'll go out of my way to get used to it lol.

No, I don't blame anyone for that. That is why you don't see original news postings there...just a relay of what is already out there. We don't expect to be anywhere near the realm of slashdot or any of them. Just something we though we could provide in case you might have missed an article that we might have here. GLO isn't really for news but for helping newbies...the news is probably more geared toward the experienced than anyone...

Aragorn