Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Hackers make house calls

Thread: Hackers make house calls

JimH

Hackers make house calls

Hi,

This BBC News article about a Symantec survey doesn't surprise me, I see evidence of port scanners in my logs pretty regularly. You can bet their motive in doing the survey though was probably just an effort to boost software sales.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci...00/1484704.stm

Jim H

Re: Hackers make house calls

Huh, I am going to have to download a firewall and install it just to see this for myself. I was even dumb enough to think that hackers wouldn't even bother with a dial-up user...not that I have anything to lose on this computer...but still would be interesting to see the port scans!

Aragorn

P.S. of course that was to sell security software, but it was still interesting! heheh
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.