Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Redhat's business model

Thread: Redhat's business model

jman_77

Redhat's business model

I just sunk 50 bucks into redhat stock. I mean, c'mon, nerd pride, right?

Anyhooooooo, we'll see how that does, but what do you folks think of redhat's business model? Are they headed up?

Re: Redhat's business model

I would say mandrake is on the up and up myself, especially since they are still in talks with AOL for the AOL OS. That could mean they will become HUGE in the Linux Industry.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

I see we have a Wall Street High Roller in our midst.I would think you made a good investment since Redhat has turned a profit last quarter I think.Has Redhat been holding up Ok in the market?

jman_77

haha high roller isn't exactly the term I'd use. It's more of an "hmm.. I think I should invest some money so I'm not broke later." I sunk a total of 150 bucks to start out. 50 into each. Redhat because I'm a nerd, Phillip Morris because I smoke their cigarettes, and wells fargo because I bank and invest with 'em.

Eh, what's the worst that could happen?

I should slap you for just investing in Wells Fargo, their business model is suffering heavily because businesses are pulling out left and right with them because they are literally losing their money. My girlfriends business owner just lost 1500 bucks because he deposited it for payroll and they said he never did, and he showed them the receipt he received and they said it was an invalid receipt. EVEN THOUGH it was signed by the clerk at the bank and had their name all over it. He now has to take them to court. What a pain in the arse!!!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.