Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Well I went to enlist...

Thread: Well I went to enlist...

Hybrid View

Well I went to enlist...

and I can't even go to boot camp until mid January. Also, on top of that I can't get an enlistment bonus until the job I want becomes available, so I am on a waiting list of sorts. This is a real pain in the arse! So I guess I am going to be hanging around for a few more months guys!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

x0xCRIZx0x

Re: Well I went to enlist...

Hi Aragorn. I read somewhere (i forgot) that they were sending only a certain amount of reserves over seas, which was about only 20% of total reserves. Is this true? Man, that kinda shows the US military power..not even full force!

johnqpublic

So you enlisted but will be something like delayed entry?What MOS were you wanting?Must be popular if you have to wait for an opening.Did you happen to ask if enlistment is up since our nation was attacked?Sorry for the questions I'm just curious.

Criz, yeah I know, we are a pretty awesome force, I can't wait to be a part of it.

JohnQ, actually it is up due to the attacks, but almost all of the positions have been filling up even before the attacks. I think it has to do with the declining economy, but who knows. They met their yearly quota in May of 36,500, and have been blowing the charts away. I am going for In-Flight Refueler though, so eventually I'll be doing that. Their options kick some major butt though, oct 1 and 100% tuition reimbursement, 885 a month in living allowance(non taxable), 300 a month in food allowance(non taxable), 150 a month in flight stipend, and more and more. I just don't want to wait, but oh well.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.