Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heatwave!

seamonkey

Re: Heatwave!

people who like heat should be poked with pointy sticks
    heh

luckily i have a 12000 BTU window AC in my room. haha. meat locker.

Dude! I am originally from Oklahoma, spent every summer I can think of as a kid down there, and it gets to be like 115 degrees easy every day, and not a bit of wind. I love the heat dude. I moved here a year ago from Tennessee which is known for being one of the most humid states, and in the summer it is like your being steamed alive, it is great! I love the heat, that is why I want to move to Hawaii and I'd never leave!

Aragorn

Panserbjorne

If you want variation, go to Michigan.

It's the only state I know of that gets temperatures of over 100 to -30 degrees.

Kills my tennis racquet...

Colorado was a lot like that to. Never broke a 100 I don't think, but high 90's and then way below 0. It is also the only state I have ever lived in that there would be a blizzard in the morning and complete melted by afternoon to the point you could go out with shorts on. It was quite strange!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

If you want variation, go to Michigan.

It's the only state I know of that gets temperatures of over 100 to -30 degrees.

Kills my tennis racquet...
    My dad was born in Bay City but he did not like the winters (something about his chore as a kid was shoveling snow)

JimH

Want to see lots of snow try Wakkanai, Japan. It's sits on the northern most tip on the island of Hokkaido. Snow banks in the wintertime were as high as the roof. You basically had a tunnel out your front door in the wintertime. You can look out across the straits on a clear day and see Sakhalin Island.

It was like that the blizzard of '93 in PA! Since I was a kid though, I enjoyed it! Didn't have school for like 4 weeks!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.