Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Pure bottled water from icebergs?

Thread: Pure bottled water from icebergs?

JimH

Pure bottled water from icebergs?

LOL, the idea's some people come up with in order to try and make money.

Quote:
    Qikiqtaaluk Corporation has a cool idea. It plans to sell Nunavut's icebergs to Japan.

The bergs would be melted, bottled, and marketed to consumers who want clean drinking water and a taste of the exotic Arctic, says Mathew Spence, Qikiqtaaluk Corp's venture development manager.

Purity is the big appeal of Nunavut's bergs, Spence says. "This water was frozen in some cases 10,000 years ago, when there wasn't any pollution. So what people see is a way of going back in time and getting water that doesn't come with any contamination."

http://ens-news.com/ens/oct2001/2001L-10-11-03.html

x0xCRIZx0x

Re: Pure bottled water from icebergs?

I'm not sure if this was the same company, but I remember a while back someone trying to sell ice cubes supposedly from icebergs up north. The would package them in 6 or 12 packs of icecubes. Hmm..i think the company went bankrupt..