Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

It's Friday!!!

Thread: It's Friday!!!

Hybrid View

x0xCRIZx0x

It's Friday!!!

Ah yes, it's friday and I have 1 hour of work left ;D !

Haven't had much time, but now that the weekends here, time to compile the kernel (for the first time ever!). Any advice (likes docs and such) would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was wondering if anyone ever used the KDE Control Center to configure their kernel. There's a section there that let's you choose modules and such. I ended up taking out alot of the default (Mandrake 8.1) options. After doing this in root and running "make symlinks dep", rebooted and wow..booted up much faster.

Also, it seems that my kernel was not configured for a Pentium 4 (which is what I have). Don't really see any performance difference though :-/

But all that doesn't matter once I learn how to compile the kernel. Latest is 2.4.12, correct? hehe..wish me luck

Re: It's Friday!!!

Well this is a bit late, about 3 in the morning, sorry I work 11pm to 7am and have been working the last 8 days, so my clock is a bit off. I am very glad it is friday to, although I have to go back to work sunday! Oh well.

Good luck on the kernel. I haven't used Drake to configure it, I probably wouldn't recommend it, I think the good ole menuconfig or xconfig will be more reliable. I could be wrong though. I think at this time you probably have already done one thing or another! ;D

So let us know how it goes!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

x0xCRIZx0x

Re: It's Friday!!!

Well, I tried to compile it last night, to no avail I'm afraid. I've not enough time (nor patience at the moment) to try again. I believe I came close though. At boot up, it gave me errors regarding the filesystems. I suspect I might have missed something during configuration. That'll learn me to read the help! hehe