Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Comdex

Thread: Comdex

JimH

Comdex

Well, it is that time of the year again, Comdex Fall 2001 starts on November 12. I finally received by pass in the mail today. ;D I will be spending the first day at the Linux Expo, I'm sure. ;D ;D Last years show was great. Hopefully they will have alot of interesting demonstrations to attend. They usually do. ;D See if I can win anything good this year. ;D Should be a fun show this year. I will be curious to see the new motherboards that will be coming out. Especially any new dual athlon mb's that might be floating around. ;D

Jim H

johnqpublic

Re: Comdex

So,it is where and when?

JimH

So,it is where and when?
    Comdex Fall is in Las Vegas, NV. It is there every year. The exhibits run from Nov 12-16.

Jim H

Your lucky! You live right there, I'd have to be getting a plane ticket and all!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Your lucky! You live right there, I'd have to be getting a plane ticket and all!
    Yep, I get to go every year and still get to stay at home. ;D Even with the reduced turnout they are expecting this year, it should be still be fun. The Linux Expo was the largest it had ever been last year. ;D ;D

Jim H

JimH

Well, it's Monday and the first day of Comdex is here. Just getting ready to walk out the door and see what is new and interesting.

Jim H

JimH

Well, I "survived" day one of Comdex. Show is alot smaller this year. The Linux presence at this years show is non-existant. ;'( I guess everyone went to last weeks Linux Showcase in San Francisco instead. Oh, well there were still some interesting things to check out

For the MP3 users, they had a car jukebox MP3 player that can hold 9000! songs. WOW! It has a digital control unit you can mount on your dash if you want or just leave loose. It includes a IR remote control. The remote unit you can mount anywhere. It comes with a docking bay that allows you to connect the remote unit to your computer via a USB port.

Samsung had a 21.3" and 24" LCD flat panel displays that were absolutely unreal. The sharpness of the displays was unbelievable. Drop dead gorgeous would be an understatement.

ATI was showing the new Radeons. I registered ti win a Radeon 8500. Very nice cards. The "Trueform" demo they had setup was impressive. The had a demo setup of the Nintendo Gamecube. ATI supplies the graphics chip. WOW! Game consoles have come a long since my old Intellivison.

M$ had a big demostration setup on their Xbox. I didn't try playing any of the games, will have to do that later this week. The games looked pretty good. The graphics on the football game were AWESOME!

Quite a few companies were displaying rewriteable DVD burners. I picked a trial addition of Kylix2 Enterprise for Linux that Borland was distributing. Briefly looked at some of the new digital cameras and camcorders, will have to go back and spend some more time with looking at them. The Canon EOS-1D is awesome. The price is too. It lists for $6500 US. OUCH!

I'm sure I missed something I wanted to tell everyone about, but then this was only day one.

Jim H

I want to goto comdex! :'( This is no fair! Hey in June 2002 they are having a Comdex convention up in Vancouver, BC, I'll prolly be heading up to Ole Canada for that one! Sounds awesome Jim, I am surprised MS wasn't having to reboot their Xbox every few minutes, they have to everywhere else around the world! heheh

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.