Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

QEMU compile problem

Thread: QEMU compile problem

QEMU compile problem

I have been trying to compile QEMU ever since I heard about it a couple of weeks ago. I keep running into the same error, everytime I try. Config works alright, then the compile complains that ld can't find -lm, which lib is that? I am not sure what I am missing. Any one have any insight to this? Here is the compile error:

Code:
    gcc  -static -Wl,-T,/home/jeffrey/tmp/qemu-0.6.1/i386-vl.ld  -o qemu-fast vl.o osdep.o block.o readline.o monitor.o pci.o console.o block-cow.o block-qcow.o aes.o block-vmdk.o block-cloop.o ide.o ne2000.o pckbd.o vga.o sb16.o dma.o audio.o noaudio.o wavaudio.o sdlaudio.o ossaudio.o fdc.o mc146818rtc.o serial.o i8259.o i8254.o pc.o cirrus_vga.o mixeng.o gdbstub.o sdl.o slirp/cksum.o slirp/if.o slirp/ip_icmp.o slirp/ip_input.o slirp/ip_output.o slirp/slirp.o slirp/mbuf.o slirp/misc.o slirp/sbuf.o slirp/socket.o slirp/tcp_input.o slirp/tcp_output.o slirp/tcp_subr.o slirp/tcp_timer.o slirp/udp.o slirp/bootp.o slirp/debug.o slirp/tftp.o libqemu.a  -lm -lz -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lm -ldl -lasound -laudio -lXt -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXext -lutil
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lm
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [qemu-fast] Error 1
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Well, ok, I got it to compile with I only did the system emulator with the config option:

Code:
    ./configure --target-list=i386-softmmu
    I just wonder what this means when I go to run it?
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advisor
    i don't know what that --target-list option is, but -lm is the math library, it provides basic functions like sin().... you should DEFINATLY have it

EDIT:
    i just looked at the actual command thats running, they are doing some really funky shit, using their own linker script... and i have no idea why they are using -static..., i would send the build error to the maintainer, it's a problem with their shit, you have libm i guarantee it

Alrighte, I will do that. Thanks for the feedback, I wil let you know what they say.
    jro -