Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hell yes, awesome watch!

Hell yes, awesome watch!

I just bought this awesome wristwatch with my birthday money... it's amazing!

It has 5 alarms, 2 time settings, crazy chronograph settings (120 lap memory, and it can tell you the average time per lap, best lap, etc), and the timer is awesome. The timer allows you to set a number of intervals, ie if you wanted to time something for 5 minutes, and then 2 minutes after that, you can set it up to do that (up to 9 intervals). And then you can tell it how many times you want to repeat this (up to 9 times, or forever). And then you can tell it if you want to start the chronograph afterwards.

Oh, and did I mention the memo function? Yes, you can write notes with this thing! It lets you write up to 10 notes, 3 lines each, and 8 chars per line (in other words, it has 240 character memory). This thing rocks!

About all it doesn't have is GPS and a compass ;D ;D

Re: Hell yes, awesome watch!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot -- this is the only digital watch I've seen that can be put backwards when setting the time (in other words, when daylight savings time comes, I can actually set it an hour back instead of setting it 23 hours ahead like all my other watches/alarm clocks). That is wickedly convenient

I remember when I was amazed by calculator watches. Now they practically have computer watches.

Yeah, but how common are they? I saw some calculator watches at the store, but the buttons were really small and I thought that would be annoying as hell. This watch actually has usable-sized buttons, and is way better than any of the other watches I've seen.

You really know how to bring a guy down, don't you?

Haven't IBM been working on a computer watch with imbeded Linux for a few years now?

That would be 8)

Mentor

is it one of those wathces that are the size of your whole hand.

I sse these people wearing wathces like that, it's liek a 1/2inch raised from you arm and and like 2 inches around.

Not me i perfer a pocket watch, you know like the old timers with that chain and the flip top, 3 hands no digital anything, it think it the next step up from a sun dial ;D ;D ;D

You really know how to bring a guy down, don't you?
    I was bringing you up if anything. I think all those features you mentioned are more advanced than a 4 operation arithmetic calculator. I had my calculator watch over a decade ago. My fingers were small enough to press the keys back then, but now I doubt I could. I don't know what they look like now. But I think the coolest watch I ever had was a radio watch. I won one in elementary school for reading so many books or something. It worked crappily but it was still cool jamming out in class. I remember using it in middle school once when I had to go to detention. Everyone was amazed by it even though it was several years old. I need to get another one of those.

I sse these people wearing wathces like that, it's liek a 1/2inch raised from you arm and and like 2 inches around.
    No, it's not that big. I'd say it's about 1 1/2" in diameter and no more than... 1/2 inch thick... heheh

As far as watches go, I've seen bigger, but it is bigger than my last watch.

Not me i perfer a pocket watch, you know like the old timers with that chain and the flip top, 3 hands no digital anything, it think it the next step up from a sun dial ;D ;D ;D
    Those were cool, I almost bought one... but the features on this watch just seduced me

Kenshi: Oh sorry, I thought you were slamming me for being impressed by a watch that can't even do basic arithmetic...

A radio watch would be cool... When I was looking at all the watches in the store, I basically narrowed down my choices to a watch with a digital compass, or the watch I bought... I thought a compass would be neat, but this would be neater

Kind Mastermind

I got a new watch for my birthday. It included software to update timezones, appointments, etc. It actually has a three numeral timezone indicater (ANK for Ankara, EDT for Eastern Daylight Time, etc.). It uses the monitor to transmit the information. That is about the highest tech my watches will ever get.

Kind Mastermind

I got a new watch for my birthday. *It included software to update timezones, appointments, etc. *It actually has a three letter timezone indicater (ANK for Ankara, EDT for Eastern Daylight Time, etc.). *It uses the monitor to transmit the information. *That is about the highest tech my watches will ever get.