Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's everybody at?

Spot

Re: Where's everybody at?

Where's everyone at tonight? Hmmm, everyone must be down at the computer store standing in line to purchase their copy of Windoze XP at midnight when it released. :P : :-X

Jim H
    LOL!!
    um...not quite :P
    I finally decided to get off my ass and defeat the evil Samba, I now have all my drives connected up on this machine..woohoo!

Ackkk I just need a couple of days off where I am not sleeping having to recover from working the 11pm to 7am shift, that way I can get my box just where I want it and start pythogramming!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Hmmm, maybe I should go over to CompUSA today wearing my RedHat baseball cap, Gnome/Free Software Foundation/GNU Linux t-shirt and walk around.

;D ;D 8) 8) : : :P :P

Too bad I don't have a red fedora. :'(

Jim H

garskoci

I'm here. I've just been busy installing my Windoze XP. Uh,oh. I think that I'm going to be ill!!!! :P

Spot

I'm here. I've just been busy installing my Windoze XP. Uh,oh. I think that I'm going to be ill!!!! :P
    From what friends have told me, most of them are quite impressed by it so far(it's been available via underground circuits for almost 2 months now).
    Those that had some gaming and quirky hardware woes with Win2k and completely hated WinME are finding that their games and stuff work correctly and that it's completely more stable than any Win9x release.
    Others have had nothing but problems.
    MS has already released its first series of updates for it(as of a couple of days ago) to support some other CPUs and other driver fixes...lol...just before it's "public" release.

garskoci

When M$ builds a real OS that runs seperatly from applications and isn't brought down(BSOD) by an application crashing, I'll take a look. They haven't done it yet.

johnqpublic

The tears can stop for johnq the great is here. :P ;D

Bout' Time! Ol' JohnQ has been slackin here of late!

Aragorn ;D
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Alright guys posts have been kind of SLOOOWWWW lately. :'( Someone break their machine, so we have something to discuss. :P : ;D

Jim H

Well I have been without Linux for 4 days now, because LFS just totally wacked out on me, and I haven't gotten the time to rebuild the ENTIRE LFS system. Trust me, if you do LFS read the hints, installing KDE is not easy, trust me! There are a few tips and tricks that I missed and I goofed, and since I have no idea how to uninstall from source..lol, I am without a very good OS...

Aragorn