Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

42 volt Electrics....for your car

Thread: 42 volt Electrics....for your car

JimH

42 volt Electrics....for your car

I've known the the switch to 42 volt automotive electrical systems has been coming for years, being involved in the automotive industry for 18 years. I was curious if the "average" consumer was aware of this?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/674071.asp?0si=-&cp1=1

Automotive companies just love finding new ways to increase repair costs. Although it will also reduce costs in some ways.

Jim H

nfallon

Re: 42 volt Electrics....for your car

I've known the the switch to 42 volt automotive electrical systems has been coming for years, being involved in the automotive industry for 18 years. I was curious if the "average" consumer was aware of this?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/674071.asp?0si=-&cp1=1

Automotive companies just love finding new ways to increase repair costs. Although it will also reduce costs in some ways.

Jim H

The article said that you would get increased fuel economy from that battery. I doubt anything would give my Jeep better fuel economy.

Neil

JimH

Actually, the battery itself will not help fuel mileage, but the some of the new technology that the higher voltage electrical systems will allow.

Although I think it will lead to some really stupid ideas. With the "stop-start" idea leading the way. This is only going to increase engine wear and turn the starter into a maintenance item. The fuel mileage gains from this is just not worth it. I can just see all the calls already about someone's car shutting down at a stop light and not restarting. This is going to be especially prevalent in very hot climates.

Jim H

P.S. Nothing will help the fuel mileage on a Jeep.

42? well, they got something right there
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??