Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

.Net vote rigging illustrates importance of Web

Thread: .Net vote rigging illustrates importance of Web

JimH

.Net vote rigging illustrates importance of Web

Quote:

In December, Java was more popular than .Net for building Web services, according to a ZDNet UK poll, but weeks later the position had dramatically reversed; investigation revealed just what lengths Microsoft will go to to promote its products

While I wouldn't be surprised if other companies did this, I never saw a company as good as M$ for shooting themselves in the foot. :

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2102244,00.html

Jim H

Re: .Net vote rigging illustrates importance of We

Well I double posted it in news, I am sorry... :-[ :-/ :'( :'(

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

nfallon

Interesting article. But, quite a few people do have microsoft domain addresses if they are MSN and Hotmail customers. The article did not specify what Microsoft domains the information was coming from. I would guess it would be Hotmail.

A search on Dice.com for .Net for the past 7 days results with 294 job openings in the U.S.. A search for J2EE for the last 7 days results with 470 jobs available nationwide. It looks like .Net might be actually be used by businesses.

Neil

nfallon

A side note my Dice search on platforms being used. I did a search for Linux and Visual Basic. Linux returned 673 reults and Visual Basic more than 900 reults. The same search a year ago would have given me about 53 for Linux nationwide and 2700 for Visual Basic. It just shows where the development is headed. Straight to Linux.

Neil

Hmm from the way I read it, it was coming from microsoft.com addresses, not msn.com or hotmail.com. Only people granted access to microsoft.com addy's would be able to use it...

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.