Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone subscribe to Linux magazines?

Mentor

Anyone subscribe to Linux magazines?

I have a subscrition to Linux magazine and i just got the renewal notice and i dont think i'm going to renew it.

The mag has been getting thinner and thinner with every issue. I dont think it's that helpful. I'm sure there other mags out there that are more informative for the Linux community.

Does anyone else have a subscription to Linux Magazines?

Re: Anyone subscribe to Linux magazines?

just use the net

I buy LinuxFormat as often as I can get my hands on it - but I don't subscribe.

I also reda Linux Magazine, LinuxJournal and some C/C++ magazines when I can get them

yup, i subscribed to linuxjournel - a darn good read.

I have two issues of it and I got a subscription for christmas, I quite like it. Marcel Gagne has some good articles, I especially like the one about setting up the speech synthesis and speech recognition software for linux, that was ultra cool

Linux Journal is a great magizine. I use to read Maximum Linux untill it got canned for no reason (it was making money!) .. but then again they also canned boot back in the day.

Kind Mastermind

Linux Journal is a great magizine. I use to read Maximum Linux untill it got canned for no reason (it was making money!) .. but then again they also canned boot back in the day.
    I get Linux magazine and Linux Journal. I feel that Linux Mag is getting to a point where it is not giving me the value that it used to. I, too, like Marcel's articles. They are funny and useful. My favorite magazine was Maximum Linux. Gawd, I miss that magazine. I'm still pissed (no, Popcorn, I'm not drunk!) at them for cancelling the magazine.

Good Guru

Linux Journal had been my favorite and I subscribe it. I sometime read Linux Magazine on the stand and if I see the articles I like, I would buy it then. Otherwise, NO.

I liked Maximum Linux a lot too since they have the best paper bound and design and many articles are easily explained. I also like the fact that they include CDs of software that they mentioned in the book so that you can try it right there instead of trying to find it on the web and download it. It was very useful especially I didn't have broadband at that time. Now is not much differnece since I've got cable but I still think they are very good. I still have that MP3 car player issue here. Very nice.... 8)

Mentor

miss maximum Linux too, thats why i started to get Linux Magazine but i dont like it anymore. There is nothing in it usefull.

I don't think Linux Magazine is all that bad. I don't think it is worth a subscription, but a casual read.